Hurricane Ian Check In

Posted by: chaosmagnet

Hurricane Ian Check In - 09/29/22 12:19 AM

If you’ve been in the path of or affected by Hurricane Ian, please check in here as you can.
Posted by: RayW

Re: Hurricane Ian Check In - 09/29/22 11:12 PM

Central Florida east of Orlando. No damage, usual yard debris, and no power. Generator is softly humming and it's 62 degrees here, surprisingly. Unfortunately the cooler weather hasn't slowed down the skeeters. Hope everyone else has remained safe.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Hurricane Ian Check In - 09/30/22 07:33 PM

My team is virtual and lives all over North America. My two Florida teammates have some minor property damage but nothing worse.
Posted by: RayW

Re: Hurricane Ian Check In - 10/01/22 07:14 PM

It is all over the place. Areas on the west coast are destroyed. Where I'm at there is very little wind damage. Water and flooding are most of what I'm seeing. Spent this morning with an old friend cutting all of the wet carpet out of his house. He lives only a few miles from me. Another friend is the regional manager for a retail shopping chain. He was showing the pictures of the inside of one of the stores and it looked like a bomb had gone off without breaking any of the glass. Roof drains plugged up with a parapet roof, a big bath tub, and eventually the weight caused a catastrophic roof failure.

I've been extremely fortunate to only lose power for a couple of days. Glad to hear your team mates are doing well also.
Posted by: DaveL

Re: Hurricane Ian Check In - 10/05/22 10:55 PM

any one heard fro Les in New Port Richey
Posted by: CJK

Re: Hurricane Ian Check In - 10/08/22 02:10 PM

Close enough to say 'almost ground zero'. We took an eyewall hit. All OK. No damage.
Posted by: airballrad

Re: Hurricane Ian Check In - 10/13/22 06:35 PM

Sarasota here. We were in the crosshairs at one point, but it shifted to hit an hour south of us. We are on a relative mountaintop being 30 feet above sea level and about 8 miles inland, but my in-laws live right on the water, and they came to stay with us for five days until their power came back. All in all very fortunate, just some light damage and some cleanup.