This winter’s Weather

Posted by: wildman800

This winter’s Weather - 12/31/17 01:44 PM

Today is a great day to have mukluks to wear. It’s been many years since I’ve been able to wear my mukluks!
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: This winter’s Weather - 12/31/17 03:36 PM

If you want to test them, come up here. We're in the middle of a nasty cold snap. Forecast -33C tonight, wind chill -43C. Highly effective for testing your gear, technique, and patience.
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/03/18 09:50 PM

It's snowing in Florida
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/03/18 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO
It's snowing in Florida

Yes, we know.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/03/18 11:38 PM

We are getting it now in North Carolina. It has been very cold for longer than normal, so it will stick. I have enough coffee, beer and wine, so I am good.

No really, my wife is actually asking about my preps and nodding approvingly. My friends and neighbors have been calling and asking what they should do. The religion is spreading.
Posted by: quick_joey_small

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/04/18 11:43 AM

Is the florida cold killing the pythons in the everglades that have wiped out most other species?

qjs

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/04/18 12:47 PM

I don't know. I've not heard anything about this.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/04/18 01:51 PM

I doubt it will be cold enough for long enough and far South enough to impact the pythons in the Everglades.

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/04/18 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Montanero
I doubt it will be cold enough for long enough and far South enough to impact the pythons in the Everglades.

This morning I found the Geico mascot lying the sidewalk. I'm assuming he froze to death.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/04/18 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Montanero
We are getting it now in North Carolina. It has been very cold for longer than normal, so it will stick. I have enough coffee, beer and wine, so I am good.

No really, my wife is actually asking about my preps and nodding approvingly. My friends and neighbors have been calling and asking what they should do. The religion is spreading.

Thatta boy!! smile
Posted by: wildman800

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/06/18 01:54 PM

I tested my mukluks and other Arctic gear for years while icebreaking in the NE and on the Great Lakes.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: This winter’s Weather - 01/06/18 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
I tested my mukluks and other Arctic gear for years while icebreaking in the NE and on the Great Lakes.

You've paid your dues then. grin