THANK YOU FEMA !!

Posted by: Pete

THANK YOU FEMA !! - 10/05/17 12:06 AM

This is a note of encouragement and thanks to all the people working for FEMA!!

They have worked themselves into the ground, with three major hurricane disasters. I'm sure that FEMA employees faced very difficult conditions in Houston and Puerto Rico, probably in some parts of Florida too. A lot of people have put in a lot of hours - trying to help normal Americans "dig out" from these crises. BIG THANKS FEMA!!

I am not a resident who lives in any of the disaster zones. But I do think it is appropriate to acknowledge the work by a lot of dedicated Gov't employees.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: THANK YOU FEMA !! - 10/05/17 05:52 AM

At one time it was fashionable to bash FEMA but it seems like they're doing pretty well at a pretty hard job.
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: THANK YOU FEMA !! - 10/05/17 01:23 PM

Craig Fugate brought a lot of changes to FEMA when he was director...a lot of the lessons learned in Florida about pre positioning, and cooperation between food chains and fuel suppliers to equip their facilities with on site generators
Posted by: adam2

Re: THANK YOU FEMA !! - 10/07/17 09:58 AM

Looked at from a safe distance, over here in the UK, it was generally reported that after hurricane Katrina, that the response of FEMA and other authorities was found wanting.

It would seem that lessons have been learnt and the TPTB now respond much more effectively.

There will always be things that could have been done better, but I agree that in general FEMA and others have done a good job and are to be thanked for their efforts.