Mountain House Is Discontinuing Sales of #10 Cans

Posted by: gatormba

Mountain House Is Discontinuing Sales of #10 Cans - 12/02/10 07:40 PM

Mountain House just announced that they are unable to keep up with orders from their dealers and therefore they are discontinuing sales of #10 cans from the MH website. They said it was a temporary measure but did not give an estimate as to when they will begin sales from the MH site again. They are telling everyone wanting #10 cans to search their online dealers.

I would imagine prices are about to start going up and continue up until the 2012 people either run out of money or storage space. Or until the great fire sale in January 2013.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Mountain House Is Discontinuing Sales of #10 Cans - 12/02/10 08:57 PM

It looks like the last time this situation occurred was about 6 months before the financial crisis in 2009. Supply and demand for such a product would have seen the prices rise substantially. So I think it is safe to assume that a premium price has been paid for some very large orders for the #10 cans, i.e. they have bought the entire production line for a set period, either by Government (war preparation) or large private bulk purchases (economic preparation) by some very wealthy individuals requiring 25 year stock piles for entire families and hired security hands for their ranches out in the Yucatan.
Posted by: tomfaranda

Re: Mountain House Is Discontinuing Sales of #10 Cans - 12/02/10 11:09 PM

Thanks for the tip-off. I just bought six on amazon.