Yoders Canned Bacon

Posted by: gto

Yoders Canned Bacon - 06/22/08 02:38 PM

I got my first case of canned bacon yesterday from Ready Depot ( www.readydepot.com ). This stuff is even better than I expected.

Here is the page link:

http://www.readydepot.com/servlet/the-Food/Categories

FYI, they also sell it in the half case. Which is nice if you have smaller budget.
Posted by: climberslacker

Re: Yoders Canned Bacon - 06/22/08 02:56 PM

how many peices of bacon are in each can?
Posted by: Stu

Re: Yoders Canned Bacon - 06/22/08 04:36 PM

"Fully Cooked, Ready to Eat, 12 Cans per case, 40 to 50 slices per can "
From the website http://www.readydepot.com/servlet/Categories
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Yoders Canned Bacon - 06/22/08 05:46 PM

At $124.98 a case for 12 cans that's $10.41 per can containing 9oz of bacon. At first it seems ridiculous, but they're saying that 9oz is actually 2.75 to 3.25 pounds cooked down. That's not too bad. Especially when your average precooked bacon costs about twice as much as raw.
Posted by: gto

Re: Yoders Canned Bacon - 07/09/08 04:26 PM

You are right on point. My wife said the bacon is high quality and the same if not a little better priced when you compair 3 lbs before cooking prices to yeild same cooked volume.

FYI, I got another case yesterday. I found on another blog there was group buy promotion code "getready" for ready depot. All stuff on there site is 15% off. I even bought some canned hamburger, pork sausage and powdered eggs and FD strawberries.

ends up at apx 8.85 per can or 106.23 per case.

For you ladies out there my wife liked the product so much she said she would never cook bacon again so if I wanted bacon I better make sure there is a case on the shelf!
Posted by: Nishnabotna

Re: Yoders Canned Bacon - 07/09/08 05:22 PM

Believe me, after you have wrong bacon you will know it.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Yoders Canned Bacon - 07/10/08 02:17 AM

And, no matter what, it smells so good while frying. I know, I walk around a campground every morning, smelling bacon frying from all directions...