Water Bob, H20 storage in tub

Posted by: SHawk

Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/14/08 12:35 PM

First off I'm not associated with the company, I saw it at a recent convention and thought it was an interesting device. Check out http://www.waterbob.com. It's basically a big plastic bag with a hand pump that fits in a bathtub, so that you can fill it with water during an emergency.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/14/08 12:56 PM

You might want to fix your link. There's an extra period at the end.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/14/08 02:01 PM

Seems like a good idea to me...especially if you have pets...or a filthy tub wink
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/14/08 03:12 PM

Move it around full?

Not likely. 100 US gallons of water would weigh over 825lbs.
Posted by: Arney

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/14/08 03:52 PM

This reminded me of this old post. Don't think it's by the same company. Same idea, though. I think it definitely has its uses, if you have time to fill it, like when severe weather is headed your way.
Posted by: Susan

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/14/08 10:22 PM

It would be better than a bathtub with a leaky plug.

Sue
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/15/08 01:14 AM

Not to mention the bathbub ring...
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/15/08 01:17 AM

And a very unwieldy 825lbs to boot...
Posted by: SHawk

Re: Water Bob, H20 storage in tub - 04/15/08 03:26 AM

I lived in SC during Hurrican Hugo and really wasn't into preparedness I had lived through several Hurricans while stationed in the RP. So when Hugo was forcasted I ignored all the warnings, stayed in my mobile home, while it didn't tip over, probably thanks to the large Oak tree that fell across it, I sure wished I had filled the tub. If for nothing else I cluld have used the water to flush the toilet. Like they say live and learn.