Lending Library GUI (Graphical User Interface)

Posted by: ki4buc

Lending Library GUI (Graphical User Interface) - 11/19/03 01:39 PM

I volunteer to write a library program for equipped.org to handle the book list if interest really takes off. I prefer to write in PHP using MySQL as the database, but can do whatever UBB uses on equipped.org. I think it would allow for a more uncluttered look, but thats just my opinion.

Features that can be a part of it: cover graphic, waiting list, current holder, reviews, and anything else you want added.

I think it's probably a little premature, but want to put the idea out there.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Lending Library GUI (Graphical User Interface) - 11/20/03 01:14 AM

I don't have any objection to that. It will have to be vetted by Dave at Pulver Tech before he puts it on the live ETS server, but that shouldn't be a problem. This forum software uses MySQL and PHP, so that part is easy.
Posted by: ki4buc

Re: Lending Library GUI (Graphical User Interface) - 11/20/03 03:22 AM

I won't be able to start till after the holidays, but in the mean time, I'll have to do some research on UBB, as it would be nice to have it integrated with the user database (i.e. "Add me to the list"). I'll discuss more with either you or Dave offline.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Lending Library GUI (Graphical User Interface) - 11/20/03 03:01 PM

Most of any interaction in this regards will be with Dave, drop me a email when you are ready to start ont he project. Given this is a critical season for e-commerce sites he hosts, your timing will likely work for the best.