I've led the horse to the water trough....

Posted by: wildman800

I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 02:33 AM

I went up to my DD2's room tonight to place some books in her bookshelves and while I was up there, I noticed her and her BF's BoB's sitting where I had placed them 2 1/2 months ago when they were leaving for college.

I know that you can lead a horse to water but you can't force the horse to drink. I've made the BoB's available and explained the reasons why they need to keep them nearby, at school (#1-living just downwind from the 2nd largest refinery in the US).

I think my wisest course of action is to say and do-NOTHING, except to say prayers that nothing happens and for them to realize that the BoB's are wise insurance.

What do the rest of y'all think????
Posted by: Susan

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 03:41 AM

You've done what YOU can do. The rest is up to them.

If they're lucky, something will happen that is bad enough to catch their attention and make them wish they had their BOBs, yet not get them into serious trouble.

Don't want much, huh?

Sue

Posted by: GarlyDog

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 01:54 PM

I would mail them, assuming you remove any unmailable items first. Send it signature required.

For sure they won't be much help left at home. It is better to have it sitting in their dorm rooms where they MIGHT get used rather than sitting back at home.

Just my 2 cents...
Posted by: Blast

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 02:13 PM

Show up unannounced at her door with them, preferably on Friday afternoon then spend the weekend with her, totally screwing up her original party plans.

She won't leave the BOBs behind again.

-Blast
Posted by: Blitz

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Show up unannounced at her door with them, preferably on Friday afternoon then spend the weekend with her, totally screwing up her original party plans.

She won't leave the BOBs behind again.

-Blast

HA HA Love it!
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 02:32 PM

Hi Wildman800,

If my kids were away at school without a BOB it would really bother me, I would again stress the need for them to have emergency equipment available (could it be that they just forgot them)?

Or try this tactic, in very fancy wrapping package the BOB's up and give them to the girls again as Christmas presents; with the stipulation that if they take the BOB's back to school with them then they can have their "real" present. It's a little like blackmail but it would work with my kids.

Good luck,

Mike
Posted by: wildman800

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 03:15 PM

I like the way you think, Blast!!!!
Posted by: benjammin

Re: I've led the horse to the water trough.... - 10/29/07 04:59 PM

Getting my girls into hunting at a young age, then involved in Hunter Education/Safety Instruction, led them to comprehend the importance of such things. When boys two years older than they were thought it was cool that they knew how to shoot, how to identify game, how to make fire, etc... well, nothing motivates like trying to impress an older guy I guess.

Find what motivates them, then use it to your advantage. I can imagine no reason why anyone who is properly informed wouldn't participate in a forum such as this one.