Aloha!

Posted by: aloha

Aloha! - 10/14/07 06:57 AM

Aloha everyone!

Been away from the forum for a little while and I see I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Darn that work thing!

I hope everyone is doing well. It has been sooo busy the past few weeks. But I am glad we still got in a family camping trip over the last long weekend. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I get caught up a little bit.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Aloha! - 10/14/07 01:44 PM

Aloha,

Welcome back. It's been a while since you've mad us all jealous with your camping pictures. Going to do it again, eh? smile

-Blast

Re: Aloha! - 10/18/07 05:33 AM

Aloha Blast!

Well, if you truly are jealous, then you just need to bring your lovely family down and join us some time. I have a feeling our girls will have a blast together. No pun intended.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Aloha! - 10/19/07 01:21 AM

Welcome back. Where are the new pics???

Re: Aloha! - 10/19/07 06:39 AM

Sorry for the delay OBG. I am still getting caught up with my dreaded paperwork. I only log on for a quick peek while I take a little break. I will have them up soon though.
Posted by: Onedzguy

Re: Aloha! - 10/19/07 09:20 AM

Aloha, so were did you go? Did you watch the Blue Angles at Kbay?
Posted by: OutdoorDad

Re: Aloha! - 10/19/07 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Onedzguy
Aloha, so were did you go?...

Maybe to Aloha, Oregon

seriously, though I hope you had a blast and make sure to post some photos!

Finally...the camping report 1 of 3 - 10/21/07 07:13 AM

We were at Kahua Nui in Hoomaluhia in the foothills above Kaneohe Bay. But we didn't get to go see the Blue Angels. I did see them flying overhead in formation earlier in the week though when they were practicing.

Once again, it was rainy, except for the last day, which I will get to...last.

cloudy Koolaus

We rigged up canopies and tarps to duck under when the rains came. They came frequently and hard. And when it wasn't raining, they provided blessed shade.

The blue tarp wasn't set up. It was one of the dads just holding it up for some reason.

My baby girl.

One of the moms. And no, not my baby.

Breakfast of pancakes, sausages, fruit, etc.

We ate really well as usual. We even had meals of corn beef and cabbage and one meal included escargo. I give the kids credit for having the guts to try it and was happy that they liked it.

We did some community service...dredging up the weeds in the lake. What mucky work!

The kids got to make some jack-o-lanterns since we weren't going to be camping around Halloween.

And of course, they hammed it up whenever there was a camera near by.

I will split the pictures into three posts. More to come...

Finally...the camping report 2 of 3 - 10/21/07 07:31 AM

Here are more pictures of our camp site and everyone playing and relaxing.

Cruising in the shade.

The only teenager at camp...quack!

Our camp.

Sitting around the camp fire.

The fire.

Kids at play.

They played many games including the one in the picture, a hide and seek variant that I cannot remember what it was called (sardine, I think), a game my girls made up at home, etc. My girls would have me hide little plastic lizards around the house for them to find. They wanted to play it at camp with the other kids but forgot their lizards so we improvised. I carved a "lizard stick" and tied some colorful string around it and the kids had a blast.

We were hoping the weather would clear up for our last day since we had a couple of kids birthday party planned for that day. So we arranged for good weather.

Weather sacrifice.

And it worked. The weather cleared up and was beautiful the next day.

More to come...

Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/21/07 07:43 AM

Our last day at camp was birthday party day!

The family throwing the party hired guys to come and set up a big canopy and brought in way too much food. Every family ended up taking home enough food for at least 1-2 meals afterwards.

We had all kinds of fun and games, including pools, water slides, fishing for prizes, games for prizes, kiddie crafts, etc. And of course, lots to eat.

Splish splash.

Look what I can do.

Banzai slide.

Fishing booth.

The pinata line.

She gave me such a cute smile!

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for looking. I hope you aren't getting tired of seeing us just kicking back all the time. Our next trip is Thanksgiving weekend. Aloha!
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Aloha! - 10/21/07 05:58 PM

I refuse to be jealous again!!! I am INSPIRED to take the nephew backpacking when I get home, instead.

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/21/07 07:50 PM

Considering that it got down to 24 degrees last night, froze our water hose (even tho we left it trickling), blew out the bottom of the inline filter, I am REALLY jealous!!!

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/21/07 08:28 PM

I suggest a winter time relocation to the warm climate of South Lousy-anna.

We have warm temps, hot food, AND the BEST Police and Politicians that $$ MONEY $$ can buy!!!!

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/21/07 08:58 PM

On Halloween day the Great Pumpkin is gonna turn us into Arizona!!! May try to work our way over to LeezyAnna in a couple of years. I am kinda old to fight the Marci Gras crowds, but there must be other stuff to do there...

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/21/07 09:15 PM

Oh mais yeah, cher. Dere be plenty to do here!!!

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/22/07 02:47 AM

You guys can always take a trip to Hawaii. It's 81 degrees now with a nice 9 mph trade wind breeze. It'll probably cool down tonight into the 70's.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/22/07 04:58 PM

Aloha,

Wow, beautiful! Thank you for sharing these pictures.

-Blast

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/22/07 11:26 PM

"...You guys can always take a trip to Hawaii..."

We will, one of these years. My wife wants to see if she can still find where she worked at CINPACFLT HQ, and I want to see if I can NOT find the hotel I spent my first honeymoon in...
Posted by: bws48

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/22/07 11:58 PM

Our trip was a couple of years ago. Wanted to take the DW to the Pearl City Tavern and show her the monkey bar and bonsai collection, memories for me from the "old days." Finally found someone who knew what I was talking about, only to find out that it had closed years before. Now that makes you feel old.

Re: Finally...the camping report 3 of 3 - 10/23/07 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: bws48
Our trip was a couple of years ago. Wanted to take the DW to the Pearl City Tavern and show her the monkey bar and bonsai collection, memories for me from the "old days." Finally found someone who knew what I was talking about, only to find out that it had closed years before. Now that makes you feel old.

Ah, the monkey bar. Yeah, bummer it closed down.