NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected

Posted by: picard120

NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/09/07 09:25 PM

A NY woman bid for rich husband in NY was rejected by a mystery banker. He considered her a depreciating asset. however, he want to lease her for short term.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/net_newyork_husband_life_dc

"A Typical New York Girl".)

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful(spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars,restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper eastside so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 432279810
THE ANSWER
Dear Pers-431649184:I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaning fully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So,I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500Khasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.Classic "pump and dump."I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/09/07 09:55 PM

Quote:
Most beautiful women are superficial

The truly beautiful women aren't.

Posted by: JohnnyUpton

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 12:58 AM

Excellent economic analysis
Posted by: TomP

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 03:23 AM

so true
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 04:04 AM

Wow, that woman is a real ***hole....
Posted by: NY RAT

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 08:36 AM

well she SOUNDS like a typical ny gal to me, least most of the ones ive met working in the city.
Posted by: Polak187

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 01:56 PM

damn you guys are harsh... smile in my neighborhood women just want a guy with a job and no gov't assistance...
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 03:08 PM

She needs to apply for one of those stupid TV shows where women fight to marry a total stranger, just for his bucks...
Posted by: BrianTexas

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: picard120
A NY woman bid for rich husband in NY was rejected by a mystery banker. He considered her a depreciating asset. however, he want to lease her for short term.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/net_newyork_husband_life_dc

"A Typical New York Girl".)

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful(spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Apparently, her definition of 'classy' is much different from my definition. Remember folks, beauty may be skin deep but ugly goes right down to the bone.
Posted by: Misanthrope

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 03:19 PM

She ain't pretty, she just looks that way.
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was reje - 10/10/07 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: picard120
I'm articulate and classy.

If she were either articulate or classy, she would have never posted that bullcrap in the first place. “Articulate” and “classy” finds a significant other the old-fashioned way, through meshing of personalities. If you want to pick your mate off a shelf, there are websites for that.
Posted by: DesertFox

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 06:01 PM

I'm betting this was put on Craigslist as a joke or a parody. Not that there aren't people who think like this . . .
Posted by: OutdoorDad

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was reje - 10/10/07 06:23 PM

Reminds me of the 'personals ad':

'Seeking single woman 20-35, enjoys outdoor activity, camping, hunting, fishing, and must own truck. Please respond, include picture of truck.'
Posted by: Susan

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 06:33 PM

It seems to me that if money and looks are all that is involved, it's a no-go from the beginning. She's offering herself as a temporary commodity, the same thing as hookers do. Once they're married, what is there? He works long hours to make the money, she spends it.

I know two very pretty women at work. They can't hold a conversation with even an average person.

Questions they've asked:
What is scurvy?
The Revolutionary War? What's that?
What does 'expedient' mean?
Down? What's down? I think there are feathers in my vest because sometimes they come out.

They can talk makeup and clothes by the hour, but they never do anything for anyone else. Every waking hour is centered around them, and what they want, and what other people can do for them.

They're rather pathetic individuals, IMHO.

Sue
Posted by: Dragonscript

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 06:39 PM

1 million is middle class in NY? I do pretty well for myself on 5% of that.
Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 08:17 PM

1) Any woman with sense always marries the richest decent man she can find.

2) What's wrong with wanting to marry to advantage?

3) She's got looks, brains to match and she's honest about what she wants.

4) As its put in Little Women:

"A man possessed of a fortune is in need of a wife."

5) Advert should have been:

Husband wanted.
Personal fortune a necessity.
Sense of humour required. (let's the business man out!)

I hope that she succeeds.
Posted by: picard120

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/10/07 10:28 PM

I wonder what is the lease rate for her. I hope the lease is competitive. smile

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/11/07 01:12 AM

> As its put in Little Women: "A man possessed of a fortune is in need of a wife."

No one in Little Women would have said that. That was from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin.

The British have always been a bit different about things like that. The American feeling tends to be, Why buy a cow when you can get the milk for free?

Sue
Posted by: benjammin

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/11/07 11:46 AM

I was starting to wonder when you would post on this thread.

Ah, the satisfaction...

I raised my daughters to be wholly different. Whomever they find in life better be able to keep up with them.

Sad to say, I've known women such as you describe at your office. Man, what a burden they were (note the past tense). Real nice on the eyes, but wholly uninteresting in conversation, save for the prospect of eventually bedding them if I listened long enough, and then what a drain on the wallet afterwards. Quid Pro Quo I suppose, but I gotta think I'd have fared better with a decent hooker; at least then I wouldn't have to listen to the cluck-cluck-cluck for hours beforehand, and I would know what it would cost me up front...
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/11/07 05:07 PM

From Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austin

Quote:
Unhappy as the event must be ... we may draw from it this useful lesson: that loss of virtue in a female is irretrievable; that one false step involves her in endless ruin; that her reputation is no less brittle than it is beautiful; and that she cannot be too much guarded in her behaviour towards the undeserving of the other sex.

The feminist revolution continues apace to revolutionise the world. This poor New York Girls predictament is perhaps just an indication of the start of the counter revolution.

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/11/07 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Susan
> As its put in Little Women: "A man possessed of a fortune is in need of a wife."

No one in Little Women would have said that. That was from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin.

The British have always been a bit different about things like that. The American feeling tends to be, Why buy a cow when you can get the milk for free?

Sue

OMG an erudite colonial! eek grin whistle

And: Oh yes, we Brit's are definitely a bit different.

Besides I like high maintenance totty.

Gentling them to hand is a challenge worthy of me......
Posted by: GarlyDog

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/12/07 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Besides I like high maintenance totty.

BTDT. I would prefer a hot-pocker in my eye.
Posted by: sodak

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/12/07 10:55 PM

Keep your totties, I'll take a real woman any day, wait - I married one! 24 years, still very much in love, and she loves camping, hiking, raising kids, ...

Yes, people like these (men and women) are very self centered, and tend to become very unattractive very quick.

Just ask yourself, would you want to be stranded on an island or in a forest with her? That narrows the list down fairly quick. And for everyone hyperventilating about being stranded with a supermodel, don't bother replying. That's not what I'm talking about.

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/13/07 07:31 PM

Apros of nothing:

A college of my ........ worked with a certain lady who was some what tempermental.

Looker, but tempermental.

Had this uncharming trick of slapping (or trying to) any man who said anything to her that she didn't like or considered insulting (like the truth).

Note: She only did this when she had a glass or three. Don't ask me how she got away with it because I don't know. Put it down to most men's reluctance to hurt a looker.

Tried it on one chap in a wine bar.......

She swung and he wrapped his fist around her hand.

She tried it with the other one.

He caught that as well.

She thought "Oh S....." thinking that he was going to return the faviour.

He just looked at her and asked "You finished?"

Anyway, one thing lead to another and she is now married to him.

Two kids.

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/13/07 11:58 PM

"I raised my daughters to be wholly different. Whomever they find in life better be able to keep up with them."

GOOD MAN!

Sue

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/14/07 01:46 AM

I am just old fashioned enough to think that one should marry for love. Silly me...

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/14/07 03:59 AM

"I am just old fashioned enough to think that one should marry for love."

So does she. For love of money.

Cynical Sue

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/14/07 04:02 AM

True. Sad, but true...

Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected - 10/14/07 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Susan
"I raised my daughters to be wholly different. Whomever they find in life better be able to keep up with them."

GOOD MAN!

Sue

Ah, A Challenge............

grin