Houston meet-n-shoot

Posted by: Blast

Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/19/07 03:18 AM

Several ETS members and I set up a meet-n-shoot for this Sunday but they've all had to cancel. If anyone out there is still interested either PM me or respond to this post, otherwise I may not show up either. frown

-Blast
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/19/07 04:32 AM

I'd be there, but we are "stuck" in Wyoming for a few more months (where the high temps are in the low 90's right now). Plus my wife took a header today, broke her right foot (again), and sprained the heck out of her right wrist. So no traveling for us. Have fun if anyone shows up, or go it alone...
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/19/07 05:26 AM

What is it about you texicans? " Dear Col Travis, I find myself indisposed to attend your affair at The Alamo due to other obligations." I am sir, your servant, Hancock Hill, captain, Arlen volunteer rifles

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/19/07 01:06 PM

Wow, sorry to hear about your wife!

-Blast
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/19/07 01:44 PM

Thanks. Not her first break tho (she has brittle bones). Be sure to have fun without us...
Posted by: Blacktop

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/26/07 12:02 AM

Where do you like to shoot in the Houston area? I'm 10 minutes from Hot Wells (crappy range, but it's close and cheap) but I prefer ASC.

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/26/07 12:19 AM

We've done this a few times at American Shooting Center out by hwy 6 and westheimer(?). I'm assuming that's what your refer to as ASC. I live about 10 minutes from Carter Country's shooting range on Treshwig, but the American Shooting Center is much nicer.

We've also gotten together for gun shows in Conroe and Pasadena. We skip the ones in downtown Houston.

-Blast
Posted by: Blacktop

Re: Houston meet-n-shoot - 07/27/07 01:17 AM

Right, that's the one. I like how they have a stand set up on the pistol range where you can shoot your defensive shotgun at paper targets.