2 bruised spots on arm won't heal?

Posted by: picard120

2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 06/30/07 01:54 AM

I have 2 bruise due to lifting heavy 22 inch CRT monitor. The bruises don't seem to heal quickly at all. I had them for 2 weeks now. It still hurts when I press down on the bruise spots.

Does anyone have similar problem like me?
Does it take long for a bruise to heal?

There is no blood or scarring when my right arm was bruised.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 06/30/07 01:59 AM

Picard, I am going to say this AGAIN:

Get your butt to an MD. You're Canadian, right? It's free. Stop asking us for free advise, becuase most of us aren't medical practitioners at any level and those of us that are aren't able to make a diagnosis off a text description.

The reason why I'm saying this this bluntly is if you have bruises that are failing to heal, the list of possibilities is as long as your arm and most of it is serious. It's blood test by a trained medical diagnostician time.
Posted by: Stu

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 06/30/07 02:32 AM

Yea, what he said!
Posted by: Russ

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 06/30/07 01:30 PM

Amputation may be in order . . . but you may want to get a second opinion from a real doctor first.
Posted by: Blast

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 06/30/07 03:00 PM

Bruises not healing can be a sign of either diabetes or the HIV virus. Seek help NOW!!!

-Blast
Posted by: ironraven

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/01/07 02:01 AM

Or leukemia or staph or ebola or certain hemotoxins or radiation exposure or....
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/01/07 04:40 PM

i'll throw my two cents worth in and say non-healing wounds
are for Dr's and not message boards..
Posted by: picard120

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/02/07 12:08 AM

well, the bruises are beginning to heal. I guess it takes longer time as I am aging.
Posted by: norad45

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/02/07 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: RAS
Amputation may be in order . . . but you may want to get a second opinion from a real doctor first.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Posted by: KG2V

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/02/07 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS

i'll throw my two cents worth in and say non-healing wounds
are for Dr's and not message boards..

You ain't kidding dude. After 3 weeks of treatment for a leg wound that is not healing (well, healing VERY slowly) I've been to a wound care specalist 3 times in the last 10 days - not fun. I have something very very similar to what diabetics get (with out being diabetic - yes, they checked) - Docs are saying it may take 4-5 months for me to heal, and BOY are they worried about infection

This is the type of thing that UNTREATED can cause you to lose a limb (the folks joking about amputation aren't joking that much). Doc says they got mine early (I was smart and went to the MD) - My big problem even after that is that the scaring can cause it to happen again - I will have to have every day treatment pretty much the rest of my life!!
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/02/07 02:38 PM

"...I will have to have every day treatment pretty much the rest of my life!!..."

Now that is a real bummer. I feel for you. If you don't mind the question, what type of wound was it???
Posted by: KG2V

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/02/07 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
"...I will have to have every day treatment pretty much the rest of my life!!..."

Now that is a real bummer. I feel for you. If you don't mind the question, what type of wound was it???

About 5 yeats ago, I got a small cut that got infected, and cause celulitus (sp?). That caused scaring, which has caused poor circulation. This lead me to getting a blister, which broke, got infected, and just will NOT heal. I caught it small - about 1/2 inch - the exudate (sp) has caused some secondary effects due to maceration

Fun (not) - 4-5 months to heal, but the real trick is to prevent it from happening again - what they are going to do is have me wear compression pants 60-90 minutes a day every day to force blood circulation
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: 2 bruised spots on arm won't heal? - 07/02/07 06:12 PM

Ouch. Sounds like you have a good handle on taking care of it, and hopefully preventing a recurrance. Good luck with it...