Veins appear on hands?

Posted by: picard120

Veins appear on hands? - 05/10/07 10:59 PM

Do you guys have veins showing up on your hands? I have veins appearing on my hands. I don't have vecose veins symptoms.

What is the cause of veins appearing on my hands?
Posted by: Westwindmike

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/10/07 11:08 PM

Old age?
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/10/07 11:23 PM

Either you might want to check your blood pressure, or you might be metamorphosing back to your original alien species designation of 7842. Have you checked to see if your blood is becoming more yellow??

The veins on the back of my hands have always rode high under the skin. The veins in my arms have always been visible, but that is normal for Vulcans. My big problem is how the points on my ears keep trying to grow back, after bobbing after bobbing!! I think my plastic surgeon is starting to get suspicious....
Posted by: picard120

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
Either you might want to check your blood pressure, or you might be metamorphosing back to your original alien species designation of 7842. Have you checked to see if your blood is becoming more yellow??

The veins on the back of my hands have always rode high under the skin. The veins in my arms have always been visible, but that is normal for Vulcans. My big problem is how the points on my ears keep trying to grow back, after bobbing after bobbing!! I think my plastic surgeon is starting to get suspicious....

On the contrary, my blood is still red. I am 100% Terran according to the latest medical exam. Those dam doctors keep me sickbay for long time. eek I meant the back of my hands seem to have visible veins. I had visible veins since I was a teenager.

It can't be old age. I still look much younger than other humans at 40yr old. In fact people commented on my handsome look of late 20s. Could it be genetic that I inherited visible veins?

Posted by: MDinana

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 02:48 AM

Most people have visible veins on their hands. That's where veins are... there's not a whole lot of room in the hands, and they're on the dorsum of the hand, just under the subcutaneous fat. If you're fairly thin, they're more easily visible.

If they've suddenly gotten more visible, you may have lost weight, have higher blood pressure, perhaps are keeping your hands "down" a long time (and gravity is pooling the blood there).

I wouldn't sweat it.
Posted by: gallihand

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 02:51 AM

Some people just have more visible veins. I know mine are easily visible especially when my body fat drops slightly below my normal range (no clue as to the %). Typically the more muscularly defined you are the more your veins will appear.

"When dieting your veins disappear between meals and appear after meals. Top bodybuilders note that ingesting some simple sugars before a competition brings out their vascularity."

from: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/howtoanalysizeyourself2.htm

If you look into any in depth bodybuilding guide they always talk about vascularity (the veins appearing). Take it as a good sign.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 03:08 AM

Hypocondria?

Picard, seriously, ask a qualified medical practitioner. And if they suggest a shrink, take the advise.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 03:16 AM

Are you working out more, or at least using your hands and grip more than usual? Muscles need blood, more muscle work, more blood flows to that area...
Posted by: Blast

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 04:19 AM

Quote:
What is the cause of veins appearing on my hands?

X-ray vision?

Can you see through other people's skin? How about through their clothing? Be careful! If the x-rays from your eyes are too strong you'll cause DNA damage and radiation burns to those around you.

-Blast
Posted by: Ponce

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 06:17 AM

Blast? get hold of a camera with build in LED's and in low light point the camera directly to your arm and body and don't be scared by what you will see.....you will see all the veins in your arms and the rest of your body and you will even see them puping blood..... I told my VA Dr. that when ever they have a hard time in locating a vein they should do as I did and that would be it.

I works because the LED's goes for the hot spots and the hot spots are the vein transporting your warm blood.

Three years ago I made what I call a "Lazer Scope" and it does the work of a million dollar super microscope but before I show it to anyone I need a "white" lazer light instead of a red one, total cost? about $25.00 dollars. My VA Dr. saw it and go all exited and wanted me to show it to someone else but I said no because is not protected or even patent pending.
Posted by: hazeywolf

Re: Veins appear on hands? - 05/11/07 06:40 AM

Chronic "Bacteremia" (often called "blood poisoning" - a misnomer) due to a bacterial infection can cause the veins to "redden" visibly. As the infection worsens, the visable reddening may spread to a wider area (Ascending Lymphangitis). Such instances are a SERIOUS MEDICAL EMERGENCY and must be treated quickly.
http://www.davidlnelson.md/Infection1_ascending_lymph.htm