Search Function

Posted by: jhlewis10

Search Function - 05/03/07 05:24 PM

Either I am just a Dumb A. or the search engine for this site is not very intuitive.

For example, I type in First Aid and all posts older than one day and get nothing.

Whats the trick.

I am trying to search for FAK contents to make my own.

Thanks
Posted by: JIM

Re: Search Function - 05/03/07 05:45 PM

I also have had problems with the search function. If I try it again a few minutes, it works again most of the time.

You could also make a post on the forum on the contents of a FAK
Posted by: smitty

Re: Search Function - 05/04/07 02:08 AM

That is strange. I tried with the same results. It won't even bring up this post, with the Date range set to newer than 1 week.

smitty
Posted by: kharrell

Re: Search Function - 05/04/07 02:08 AM

I try FAK and nothing.
I try PSK and nothing.

I try knife, Lots of hits!

I try to, says too short.

FAK and PSK should get lots of hits.
Posted by: gallihand

Re: Search Function - 05/04/07 02:41 AM

IIRC from a previous topic the search has to be more than 3 characters (letters) to return anything. And the engine might only take one word from a search, "aid" in this case (too short), and do a search with only that. Other places that I'm a frequenter have search engines that function like that for some reason.

http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.ph...=true#Post90865
Posted by: Seeker890

Re: Search Function - 05/04/07 04:43 PM

That explains a lot. I tried to search on "EMP" one evening and found nothing. The next night I searched on "EMP Pulse" and all of the notes from the last year popped up. I thought the search feature had been down.
Posted by: jhlewis10

Re: Search Function - 05/04/07 04:55 PM

I just tried to search "First" no quotes. I tried both older than one day and newer than one year.

Here is what got back

There are no results for your query. Please try a broader range of search criteria.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.