Forum suggestion: thread title bars

Posted by: Brangdon

Forum suggestion: thread title bars - 03/26/07 02:40 AM

I'm finding the new forum software and server much more pleasant to use, thanks.

How easy would it be to change the order of words in the thread's title bar? From, eg "Equipped Survival Forums: Work stress cause chest pain" to, "Work stress cause chest pain - Equipped Survival Forums".

The reason is that I use a tabbed browser, and the title is too long to fit in the tab so it gets truncated to the first few words. Since the first few words are always, "Equipped Survival Forums:" all the tabs look the same. If the order was changed, I could tell them apart more easily.

Alternatively, abbreviating it to "ETS Forums:" would help too.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Forum suggestion: thread title bars - 03/26/07 09:15 PM

The latter suggestion is fairly easy to implement if Doug is okay with the change.

Re: Forum suggestion: thread title bars - 03/27/07 12:54 AM

Check it now. I have so many tabs open that it makes little difference on my end. However with just a few tabs, I think you'll notice the improvement.

Re: Forum suggestion: thread title bars - 03/27/07 02:40 PM

Note - the title change does change email subject lines for notifications to use ETS Forums instead of Equipped Survival Forums. Those of you who use filters for email may need to update the subject line expected.
Posted by: Brangdon

Re: Forum suggestion: thread title bars - 03/31/07 02:12 AM

Thanks.