Tracked a woozle today

Posted by: thseng

Tracked a woozle today - 03/11/07 03:36 AM

There's a Winnie Ther Pooh story where he's following the tracks of a suspected woozle. Soon the one set of tracks is joined by another, then another and so on. Turns out he was tracking himself around in circles.

I had an hour to kill today so I did a quick recon of a newly discovered hiking area. There were no other cars in the parking lot and all the tracks in the melting snow leading up the trail were at least a few days old, so I figured I was alone. Eventually the narrow trail breaks out of the trees and meets a much wider trail at a right angle. I headed straight across into a thick stand of pine trees to poke around for a few minutes. I made a wide arc to the right and came back out onto the wide trail. It was getting late so I decided I'd better head back.

I was moving quickly when my eye caught a perfect, brand new track in the snow. I could even see the bits of bark that had come off the boot laying on the surface. Where did this guy come from? I looked around and suddenly realized that I had just missed the turn off for the small trail and the track was my own :}

As you can see, I'm no Stalking Wolf.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Tracked a woozle today - 03/11/07 04:49 AM

Oh man, that sounds familiar. I never realized I was tracking woozles all this time... or was I tracking you!
Posted by: teacher

Re: Tracked a woozle today - 03/19/07 09:49 PM

These woozles have an amazing range -- most of N. America and parts of Europe. ( I am speaking of the European spotted Woozle, of course.)
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Tracked a woozle today - 03/19/07 11:29 PM

Hmm, I thought they were all spotted. Here in Oz they have pouches don't cha know.
Posted by: Susan

Re: Tracked a woozle today - 03/25/07 07:49 AM

The North American/European Woozles don't GROW pouches when they go to Oz, do they? And if they do, do they have to empty them when they go back through airport security?

Sue