Pacific Outdoor Equipment?

Posted by: Lance_952

Pacific Outdoor Equipment? - 11/07/06 12:59 AM

Has any one ever used any Pacific Outdoor Equipment??
namely their self inflating pads
Posted by: jmarkantes

Re: Pacific Outdoor Equipment? - 11/07/06 07:56 AM

I haven't seen much of their pads, but I have some friends that have used the sh*t outta their dry bags and things are still going strong. They've used and abused the small/med drybag backpacks, the kayak storage/float bags, and some general dry bags. So far, so good. I don't know if they're the lightest gear on the market, but I prefer the durability.
J
Posted by: ducktapeguy

Re: Pacific Outdoor Equipment? - 11/07/06 05:31 PM

I've used their dry bags a bit and I love them. I just purchased one of their max-thermo (non-self inflating) pads but haven't had a chance to use it outside, but just played around with it at home. They're pretty light and compact, as long as you don't mind huffing and puffing into it after a day of hiking. Other than that, the quality of their stuff is pretty good.

If their self inflating pads are anything like the thermarests, then I prefer the regular style over the lightweight backapcking models. I have one of each type, and the perforated foam doesn't really self inflate very well, you pretty much need to inflate it manually to get it to work.