Not a good day..

Posted by: pteron

Not a good day.. - 07/07/05 08:14 PM

I thought the day was bad when my wife called to tell me to check the news - multiple bombs in London.

Then a friend calls to ask why a police helicopter is hovering over my house. On arriving home, there is an armed response team at the bottom of my garden. My neighbours have been shot dead.

This is small town UK. We don't have such things here, especially not in a house I can see from my bedroom window.

A bit difficult to take in really.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Not a good day.. - 07/08/05 12:23 AM

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, both personal and as a nation.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your countrymen tonight.
Joey
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: Not a good day.. - 07/08/05 01:52 PM

My heartfelt prayers and thoughts to you all, on the difficulties and tragedies that you, your family and friends are facing. Hopefully, the good people of this planet will not allow the inhumanities of others, to allow them to become discouraged and depressed.

Pete
Posted by: norad45

Re: Not a good day.. - 07/08/05 02:22 PM

Well said.

Regards, Vince
Posted by: Stu

Re: Not a good day.. - 07/08/05 05:03 PM

My thoughts and prayers are there you you and your fellow countrymen.
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: Not a good day.. - 07/08/05 06:57 PM

That is hard to take. Unfortunately no place is immune from violence. More than likely your neighbors murders were based on a personal issue and your family is as safe there as they were before. At least that is the case with most murders. I guess you will find out more details as time passes.

I'm very sorry about what happened in London. I don't think that the terrorists quite realize that Brits and Americans don't have a very good track record about rolling over and taking such treatment.
Posted by: pteron

Re: Not a good day.. - 07/12/05 11:07 AM

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

The police are 'not looking for anyone else' with reference to the local murders.