May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long.

Posted by: bountyhunter

May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/19/05 06:00 PM

To you all:

Like the forum and it scares me how many really intelligent people there are here.

Scares me because with so much intelligence the power structures we elect and allow to do things to us is rather baffling.

That's not the reason I have to go but rather I have to go because I am spending way too much time on here.

I have to find a way to make a living from my home with the physical limitations my condition has imposed on me, and in the process have to cut out recreation like this site.

My dementia afflicted mother that I care for is getting seriously worse and my knees give me no peace no matter what I do, even with the legs raised in a recliner or sleeping horizontally in a bed.

I have applied for disability which seems to be available only to drug users which makes it hard for those of us who have physical limitations and refuse to pretend that we are whacked out, suicidal, or homacidal.

To the majority of you, I wish the best and hope to come back here sometime as a participant. To some of you, consider the human condition of the individual in the United States as you polish your boots all the way up to the knees.

I'm quitting cold turkey as I did with coffee over 25 years ago, so any responses to this post will not be seen unless I make it back.

With best regards;

Bountyhunter
Posted by: norad45

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/19/05 06:06 PM

I have experienced Alzheimers in a relative first-hand, so I know something about how difficult it can get. Good luck and I hope you make it back soon.

Regards, Vince
Posted by: frenchy

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/19/05 06:10 PM

Good luck.
see you ...
Posted by: stevez

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how lon - 05/19/05 06:53 PM

Bounty,

I cared for my terminally ill mother until she passed away. I was determined to keep her out of a nursing home. So much so that it cost me my job in the process. I had my priorities.

I'm also suffering the degenerative effects of a knee injury ten years ago. I don't know the level of pain that you're experiencing, but I do know that the pain can be incredible at times.

Good luck,

Steve
Posted by: Luca

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/19/05 09:23 PM

Bounty,

The best of luck!! You should come with an "explicit language" label. But that's what I like about ya!!

Luca
Posted by: Stokie

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/20/05 10:40 AM

Good Luck Bounty

I like many don't post often, but view regularly and have find you input very useful at times damn funny at others.

I hope you return to our fold soon.

Phil.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/20/05 04:31 PM

Bounty, just read your message. I understand . . .

BTW . . . recently I bought myself a bargain quality set of Beethoven's symphonies (including 5,6 & 9), at about $15 (Roger Norrington - London Classical Players - should be available from Amazon too)! . . . Summer is slowly starting here and the 6 a.m. cycling to work is becoming just a bit easier. Take it easy.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: May 19, 2005, Gotta go, Don't know for how long. - 05/21/05 04:59 PM

Hope you come back soon, you will be sorely missed.

Troy