Rain

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Rain - 10/31/01 02:57 AM

Received our first rain in 6 months early today. We got a whopping .47" where my horses are. My first inkling was the melodic sound of rain on big leaf Sycamore leaves, frogs and the wail of sirens. I walked out and saw three SUVs looking like props from a Tom hanks WW2 homage.People looked at me funny, I actually had a raincoat on. Two joggers in what could have been sweats or pajamas huffed by bemused at my preparations.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

What's Rain? - 10/31/01 12:15 PM

Chris,<br><br>What's rain? I thinkIi recall that from someplace in a dim memory...
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: What's Rain? - 10/31/01 04:18 PM

Thats the stuff tourists drown in during flash floods up in navaho land. I recall rushing outside in Scottsdale to enjoy the 5 second torrential downpours, and Governor Goldwater coming on the radio to calm the populace.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: What's Rain? - 10/31/01 04:52 PM

"Governor Goldwater"?????? I think you're confused, all that water from the sky must have gone to your brain. <br><br>Goldwater was a Senator. Perhaps you're thinking of Gov. Goddard (1965-1967)?
Posted by: jet

Re: What's Rain? - 10/31/01 08:20 PM

As the West Texan said, "I wish it would rain. Not for me; for my boy. Me, I've already seen rain..."
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What's Rain? - 10/31/01 11:07 PM

RAIN? its almost a holiday here in the sonoran desert...