Eagle Scout

Posted by: Paul810

Eagle Scout - 08/08/04 08:31 AM

I am soon receiving my Eagle Scout award (I am awaiting my paperwork from the national council) and have begun looking for addresses of famous people and companies I would like to get letters of commendation from. (For those of you not farmilier how that works, what happens is once a boy makes Eagle his troop send out letters to famous people and such basically asking for a "congrats" letter back, it is one of those things they do to make the Eagle scout award seem even more special to the boy receiving it. )

Anyway, I found a lot of the addresses I was looking for, however one I could not find the address for is R.W. Loveless, who is probibly one of the top 10 custom knife makers in the U.S.. I don't know if any of you guys know what his address is or even know who he is, but I would like to send him a letter. If any of you happen to know how to get in contact with him that would be great. I'm sure someone here has a Loveless knife hidden away somewhere.:)

Besides that, I know quite a few people here are scout leaders. Who did your Eagles receive letters from? I was trying to think of some more people I could ask besides the usuel few that are always asked. Anyone have any ideas who might be willing to send a nice letter or autograph or something back if sent a letter about a boy becoming an Eagle Scout? Thanks
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Eagle Scout - 08/10/04 05:31 AM

Don't know his address, but his shop is in Riverside, CA if that helps.
Good luck, and congrats on your acheivement!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Eagle Scout - 08/10/04 10:17 PM

have you looked at knifeforums? they may have a better idea of how to get in contact with im.

Rena