Tryin to Change my Password!

Posted by: ScottRezaLogan

Tryin to Change my Password! - 07/31/04 03:28 AM

I've gone to FAQ, My Home, and Main Configuration. The Password Box, as well as it's Verification Box, -was Filled up with Dots, -19 or 20 of them to each box, I think.

A Password must be between 4 and 20 Characters.

The New Password I'm Trying for, -is of 12 Letters. Certainly between such 4 and 20.

Yet after hitting Submit, Logging Off, -Trying to Re-Log On with my New Password, -I get a Message saying that my Password must be between those 4 and 20 Characters! Well it of course Already Is! What Gives here!

For the Time Being of course, -I've Gone Back to my Great and Special Password I've been using All Along!

For Security and Personal Reasons, -I'm now Looking for Another!

How do I Get Around this Quandary I've now Run Into?! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Re: Tryin to Change my Password! - 08/08/04 01:01 AM

I'm Serious Folks! My Box is Full of Dots to start with! I am Trying to get a New 12 Letter Password, -to Replace my Current 6 Letter One. And All I Get for a Message is the Required Number of Characters Range!

It's since Occurred to me, -that 6 Plus 12 is 18, -Two or Three More than the Max Number of Characters. Maybe my Attempt at a 12 Placed one, -is Being Added to my Present 6 Character One!?

But What might Possibly Be Up here?! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]
Posted by: leemann

Re: Tryin to Change my Password! - 08/08/04 05:31 AM

Ask Chris or Doug mabee they can help.

Lee

Re: Tryin to Change my Password! - 08/09/04 05:31 AM

Thanks. I do think that sooner or later, -they will Readily See it. [color:"black"] [/color] [email]leemann[/email]
Posted by: aardwolfe

Re: Tryin to Change my Password! - 08/09/04 06:34 PM

I just changed mine - twice - without any problems.

Are you deleting the old password before trying to enter the new one? You can't just add letters on to the existing password.

I just tried this - if you don't delete the old password, and just type a new password in front of it, then you get the error message you describe, even if the combined length of the two passwords is between 4 and 20 characters. For example, if your old password is "drunk" and your new password is "sober", and you don't delete the old password, you would think your new password would be "soberdrunk" which is between 4 and 20 characters, but it gives you the error message anyway.)

Re: Tryin to Change my Password! - 08/10/04 12:10 AM

Thanks Aardwolfe, -I have the Feeling that is probably it! I'll just have to now come across the Delete Option that i earlier Missed! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]aardwolfe[/email]