Many Excllnt.Rdr's Dgst. Survival, Disaster.,and Rescue Articles.

Posted by: ScottRezaLogan

Many Excllnt.Rdr's Dgst. Survival, Disaster.,and Rescue Articles. - 01/20/04 02:56 AM

For Years upon Years now,-I've seen Many Excellent, Inspiring Articles on Rescue, Survival, Safety, Disasters and Disaster Preparedness, First Aid, and Other Such Matters,-in the Reader's Digest. It's Been a Regular and Longstanding Practice of Their's to Do So! It Continues Right On Up to This Day! More Such will Certainly be Coming from Them as well,-Long Into the Future! I Wonder How Many of Us are Aware of This!? I Imagine some of Us Are,-and Are Now Nodding Our Heads in an,-"Oh Yes!,-The Reader's Digest!,-and Their Many Excellent Survival, Preparedness, and the Like of Articles and Real Life Stories! I Know, Value, and Fondly Remember Them Real Well!" But I Feel that Many of Us are also Not Aware So! -We Hoo are Yet Unaware!,-are Missing Out On!,-an Astonishinly Inspiring and Informative Gem Pit and Gold Mine!,-of Matters concerning our Survival Sphere and World! It so just Goes Right On By Us! Suffice It to Say,-that the R.D.Is and Always Has,-Been Well Stocked with Them! -As Part of This,-They have a Regular Running Feature,-Called "Drama in Real Life!" -But That's Only a Part of It! Their Total in this Area Covers Far More than just That Alone! -It,-The R.D.,-is a Very Rich, Inspiring, Resource!,-And we Shud Be Both Aware Of!,-and Avail Ourselves,-of It! -So Hold Onto!, andor Try to Acquire,-Old R.D. Back Issues. Perhaps if you'd Contact their Wld. Headquarters in Pleasantville N.Y.,-They Might be Able to be of Assistance.

I myself Have Many of Them,-though Certainly Not All. I Do Have my Gaps,-that I would Like to Fill! I'm Looking Forward to Someday being Able to Round Out my Collection. -And for More than just Survival and Preparedness and the Like of Reasons Alone! -as Major and All as Those Are. For Instance,-I About as Much,-Greatly Value,-Their Extensive,-Across the Board,-Coverage of National Security and Defense Matters,-but That of course is Not within our Sphere here. For Survival Related andor Other Things,-I'd Really Like to Be Able to Plug and Fill In Those Gaps!,-and Complete and Round Out my Collection! Yet They're Harder than even Geographics(Not All that Hard) to Come Upon,-even in Thrift Stores and the Like. Still you Keep your Hopes Up!,and Eagle Eye Out!,and You Keep Plugging On! -Nat. Sec. and Def. May Not be within our Immeadiate Sphere,-But the R.D.Gold Mine of Survival and Other Such Stories,-Certainly Is! -I Just Want to Bring This Rich Source for Such,-to our Attention. So I Urge you to Try to Tap Into This,-Where You Can.

For a Number of Years now,-I've been Hopeing that They'd someday Come Out with a Great Book Collection of Them! As They've Long Done on Many Other Topics. Quality and Upstandingness has Long Been,-The Name of Their Game! I was Recently Gonna Suggest to Them,-thru their Website(rd.com),-That They Get Together One on Rescue,Survival,and Such! But Also just Recently,-They Happen to Have Finally Done So on Their Own. Now with as Many Quality, Inspiring,and All,-of Rescue,Survival,and So On of Articles which ARE Gathered There!,-I Know that Oodles of Other such Ones!,-Had to be Doubtlessly Left Out!,-Such has been the Quantity and Quality of Their Coverage,-Over the Years! I Have recently Seen this Book at one of my Local Borders,-and I Think Perhaps also at Another Bookstore. Sealed Up in Plastic Wrap,-however,-I was Unable to Yet Give It's Contents a Real,-"At Long Last!",-of a Looksee! It Must yet for Awhile,-"Wait It's Turn"!,-in my Overall Financial "Permittability".It's Day and Turn Shall Come,-however.

But This Great, Excellent,and Inspiring Survival Resource,-IS Out There and Available to Anyone,-Including Us. -And so This Book Collection,-as Well as the Many Past Monthly Issues and Survival and Such Articles of the Magazine Itself,-They ARE a Real Treasure Chest of Such! -I Urge Everyone Here,-To Open the Lid of Such Treasure Chest!,-and Avail Ourselves of Such Gemmish Contents!,-Wherever we Can.-They're Out There!,-Soak and Sop Them Up!,-Like we Sop Dew Up with a Sponge!,-when also Out There! -The Rather Well Known Reader's Digest,-I'm Afraid that It Might Not be so Well Known!,-When It Comes to It's Rich,Deep Well!,-of Survival Knowledge, Spirit, and Inspiration Sort of Waters! I'm Afraid that It's been a Greatly Overlooked Resource! -To Many,-If Certainly Not All. Let's NOT Miss Out on It So!,-Any Longer! [color:"black"] [/color] [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Re: Many Excllnt.Rdr's Dgst. Survival, Disaster.,and Rescue Articles. - 01/26/04 10:20 AM

I'd Like to Add,-That This is One of my Key Sources!, -That Contributed to my Longstanding Survival Love and Interest,-in the First Place! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Re: Many Excllnt.Rdr's Dgst. Survival, Disaster.,and Rescue Articles. - 01/31/04 05:08 PM

And Oh Yeah, -The Same Goes for their Many Great Escape Articles over the Years!

(Along with my Earlier Mentioned Survival / Disaster / and Rescue of Ones.) [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Re: Many Excllnt.Rdr's Dgst. Survival, Disaster.,and Rescue Articles. - 04/01/04 03:59 PM

I've just Came Across a NON-Shrink Wrapped Copy!, of their New Survival Stories Collection in Book Form, -that I've earlier mentioned. And It is Something!, -and I Highly Recommend It!

I Cannot Actually Buy it just yet!,-but I was Finally Able to Give it a Good Lookover!

For Instance, One of it's Stories (All True Life!-Of Course!) that Immeadiately Comes to Mind, -is of a Helicoptor which Went Down *Inside* a Bubbling Lava Filled Hawaiian Volcanic Crater! As Luck had it!, They Crash Landed Right Next to Such a Cauldron!, with Steeply Climbing Crater Walls to their Other Side! Talk About being Caught Between the Devil and the Deep, Boiling Crater! Thick, Sulferous Gases and Fumes were All Around! Further Making Visibility Atrociously Bad! Radio was Entirely Out! The Guys had a Rather Steep, Slippery, Climb Out! Even I Didn't Yet Completely Read this Story, -So I Don't Really Know How it Ends, Nor of How They Did it! We Can Read Such Here, Though!

This is Only One of 100 Such Real Life Survival Stories! That it Has. As I've said in an earlier Post, -I'm Sure that the RD also had to Leave a Lot of Very Good Ones Out!!!

Though there's Definitly More than a Little Practical, Nuts and Bolts Survival Value in this Collection, -It would Superbly Shine just for it's Gripping, True Life Inspirational Value!, even had it Nothing Else! The Latter Certainly Not Being the Case!

This is a Mostly Orangeish-Red Color Covered Book. (For Easier Quick Locating in the Bookstore) I Forget the Price, but I Think it's in the $20 to $25 Dollar Range.

I certainly Know that it's either Available or Orderable, at Borders Bookstore! Getting in Touch with RD Itself, is another Avenue. www.rd.com

Again!, -I Can Only Very Highly Recommend It!

(It's Only a Given in Any Event, -That the RD Puts Out Quality Stuff!) [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]