Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot...

Posted by: Polak187

Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot... - 12/24/03 12:52 PM

We know that new Gerber tool was used in T3. But I have a question for you and please tell me if I'm wrong. What movie did you see a multitool being used first? I go back to 1994.

Answer

I will post when and how it was used later on today. Unless somebody wants to take a crack at it.

Matt
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot... - 12/24/03 02:59 PM

As far as Gerbers go you might be correct. However "Blown Away" with Jeff Bridges came out almost simultaneously and also had several shots of a Gerber being used.

If we're talking multi tools in general then "Sniper" with Tom Berenger would be my guess. He uses a Leatherman in that 1992 flick.

Merry Christmas to everyone

Ed
Posted by: DJ Wolf

Re: Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot... - 01/01/04 04:11 PM

Right. I remember a Leatherman in Sniper...and K. Reeves uses a multi-tool to wedge open the elevator doors (not sure what kind, been a while since I watched it).
Posted by: Craig

Re: Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot... - 01/05/04 06:35 PM

Don't know about that, but if you watch MythBusters on the Discovery Channel, you can see the guys using a Leatherman Wave from time to time to tweak their equipment.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot... - 01/07/04 06:00 PM

In "Mallrats", the character Silent Bob uses a pair of Gerber Multi Pliers, when constructing a booby trap.
Posted by: stargazer

Re: Movies and Mutlitools Pop Quiz Hot Shot... - 01/08/04 04:16 AM

Does "Made for TV" movies count? If so, then the movie MacGuyver, which spawned the TV series of the same name features use of the Swiss Army Knife. I believe he used the huntsman model. This movie was released in 1985. I do not recall anything earlier than that.