PLCE Daysack Yoke

Posted by: Anonymous

PLCE Daysack Yoke - 05/18/03 05:45 PM

How do you use the PLCE Daysack Yoke? I managed to "aquire" one, but all it is, is the V shaped yoke and two straps at the bottom and one of them has a female buckle clip. I've managed to attach the pouches but how do you wear it? Am I missing some straps or buckles? And can you attach it to normal PLCE webbing? Thanks.

Re: PLCE Daysack Yoke - 06/03/03 02:07 AM

You may have figured it out by now, but I'll try and help anyway. Don't worry, you're not the only one who's had trouble with the day sacks. It took me a while to figure out how it goes together.

You should have:
2x Small pouches
1x Yoke
2x webbing straps with male quick release buckles

You say you have already attached the pouches. If you've done it right, they should be joined to the yoke by 4 buckles along the top.

You now use the 2 straps with male buckles to join the female buckle at the end of each point of the V shaped yoke to the female buckle at the bottom of the pouch.
It should end up looking like a backpack and you wear it as such.

I have one in my loft from when I was in the Army Cadets.

If you don't understand my description, I can post some photos for you. Let me know if that would help.

The pouches don't attach directly to PLCE webbing, but the whole system is designed so that you can wear the two together without pouches or straps getting caught on each other.

Chris

Re: PLCE Daysack Yoke - 06/03/03 07:14 PM

Thanks, thats very helpful. Could post the pictures just to help. I think I must be missing the straps. So you can't attach the daysack yoke to the webbing belt, but you wear one yoke over the other?
thanks

Re: PLCE Daysack Yoke - 06/03/03 08:30 PM

Excaxctly. I've never understood why it's designed that way.

I'll post the pictures as soon as I can, tomorrow probably. If you are missing the straps I can give you links to some reasonably priced suppliers of them. You local Army surplus should have them for a couple of quid though.

Once you've figured it out, it's a useful bag. Mine saw a lot of use in the cadets.

Chris

Re: PLCE Daysack Yoke - 06/03/03 08:45 PM

Thanks, i'll probably pick some up at a surplus shop.