Retirement +23 days

Posted by: wildman800

Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 12:56 AM

Retirement is great!!! I’m glad I opted to retire at 62 1/2 years of age.

We will start living our 2nd childhood in April!!!
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 01:00 AM

Congrats!
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 01:08 PM

That's fantastic sir. Enjoy every minute!
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 01:29 PM

Congratulations!

Every retiree I know beings to miss the chase before long, and ends up in a lower-intensity part-time job or volunteers with community organizations. Any plans for that?
Posted by: Blast

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 02:34 PM

Awesome! Now you and the family can travel to Houston for beer and BBQ! smile
-Blast
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 03:36 PM

My “Retirement Job” will start this month with travelling in our camper to see as much of the historical places and landmarks that we can while we’re in good enough shape to go and see them!!!!

We’ll be passing by Blast, soon. I also have a trip planned to Ithaca, NY to find and visit Stu’s gravesite.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/01/21 09:10 PM

Doug is right on with his comments, I am a pretty typical example. Retirement is a time to blend something different with something entirely new....

Wildman, you mentioned historical sites. GGgrandfather was a farmer and itinerant preacher who held services every third Sunday at the Shiloh chapel. Visiting the site has been on my bucket list for a long time...
Posted by: Chisel

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/02/21 07:40 AM

Good for you Wildman
Enjoy it.

Regarding post-retirement jobs, I retired almost 4 years ago, and not denying that I love practical working life. Last week got an job offer. Initially, I thought it would be a low intensity , online type of job, but found out it would be a stressful job, 900 miles from where I live. No, thanks.

Enjoy your retirement, and follow your dreams.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/02/21 02:39 PM

The option of working (or not) on your own terms must be pretty sweet. Looking forward to it ... someday.
Posted by: Nomad

Re: Retirement +23 days - 04/02/21 04:05 PM

Nomad here. Retirement +8667 days. And each day we say "Well we have gotten away with another one."

We left Maine in Aug 97 and have been living on wheels ever since. RV life can be great, but it has its rough spots as well. We would be happy to provide advice as needed.

Enjoy, it gets better as you go. At first we ran around looking at everything everywhere. Road travel throughout the U.S., Canada & Mexico with a few air trips to Brazil and Ecuador. Gradually we slowed down, staying longer at each place and delving deeper into the local interests.

At ages 81 & 78, we have slowed down a bit, but are currently planning a run from AZ to Maine for the summer.

Aug 15 1997 to today = 8662 days = 23 years, 8 months and 18 days.

It's been a great trip.

Welcome and enjoy.

Nomad.