Question from planet Mars

Posted by: Chisel

Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 02:11 PM

LOL. Not really
But it is a question from a different part of the world, about a topic not really relevant to this forum

My question is about something related to construction of concrete structures.

OK, my question is from another galaxy. LOL.

In our part of the world, we use concrete to build our houses. As you may know, when you pour concrete to make columns or ceilings, you need to leave that concrete for several days before it is hardened enough to support itself and we can remove the supporting scaffolds .. etc.

The concrete has to be kept wet for a few more days, depending on the building code in your area, and during this period , we used to spray it with water and cover it with material to slow water evaporation.

Recently though, a wax-like material started gaining popularity. The minute we remove the supporting material, we spray the concrete with this waxy stuff, and leave it for a week or so before doing more work. Some companies are advertising this waxy stuff and the pump they use to spray it, which is more or less a spray pump that is used for spraying pesticides. I asked some of them about cleaning that pump afterwards, ( because the waxy stuff solidifies and may clog the pump) and prevent later use. I got no answer.

So, here is my question : if you use this pump to spray the waxy stuff on concrete , do you just wash it with water ??? Or do you need a specific solvent ???

After some searching I got this info
Material is called : Antisol
Manufacturing Company = Sika

Here is a link :
https://gcc.sika.com/content/dam/dms/gcc/o/sika_antisol_wb.pdf

Any ideas ???
Posted by: M_a_x

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 02:35 PM

From the data sheet:
Quote:
Further Information
Clean all tools and equipment immediately with warm soapy water.

IŽd use water with soap (probably dish soap). Warm water if it is available, cold water otherwise.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 03:04 PM

Oh, Max
Thanks indeed

Would you believe I didn't see that in the datasheet

Thanks

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 03:19 PM

You are welcome, Chisel.
They could have opted for a better title for that chapter.
I am totally capable to not see information in manuals or on data sheets myself.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 03:34 PM

LOL

There is a wisdom that says : you only see with your heart, not your eyes.

Actually this is relevant to prepping in a way
There are many times I have placed a critical tool or item, just to forget where it was when I needed it most. It did happen to me a few times. Partial solution is to have several and scatter them in different places.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 03:54 PM

Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it. blush
Posted by: brandtb

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it. blush

The best way I've found to find something I've lost is to buy a replacement. It will immediately turn up just as I'm taking the new one out of the package.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/27/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: brandtb

The best way I've found to find something I've lost is to buy a replacement. It will immediately turn up just as I'm taking the new one out of the package.

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harder to do when you can't buy a replacement. Still searching...

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/28/20 11:40 AM

Quote:
Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it.

Exactly

And there is another variation: you have something all the time, except when you need it and find out you forgot it at home only that one time.

I used to carry two pens, not one, but two (blue and black ink). They are on me even at home, and only leave my pocket when I go to sleep. Then one day I was going to meet a guy in a cafe to discuss some business. When the discussion needed some drawing and writing, I had NONE of my pens on me !!
Posted by: brandtb

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/28/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Chisel
Quote:
Best way I have found to lose something requiring a toss the house search is to make sure I place it in a safe place so I don't lose it.

Exactly

And there is another variation: you have something all the time, except when you need it and find out you forgot it at home only that one time.

I used to carry two pens, not one, but two (blue and black ink). They are on me even at home, and only leave my pocket when I go to sleep. Then one day I was going to meet a guy in a cafe to discuss some business. When the discussion needed some drawing and writing, I had NONE of my pens on me !!

I have about 10 sets of 2.75 magnification reading glasses. I have so many because I want them scattered around the house, shop, and car so I always have one when I need one. When I do need one, I find that they have all fetched up together in a location most inconvenient to where I am right now trying to read some fine print.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/28/20 07:11 PM

Looking at the datasheet, this is basically a water-based latex paint. So M_a_x is right, wash it out with soapy water.
-Blast

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 08:17 AM

Thanks everyone

Since all the brains of ETS are around, let me throw another question from planet Mars . LOL

Opening some books, I sometimes see an empty sheet, with nothing but this phrase written on it :

( This page is intentionally left blank )

Can someone educate me of the purpose of this blank page !
Posted by: Herman30

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 10:01 AM

Can someone educate me of the purpose of this blank page !

Intended for exlibris, perhaps?

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 10:32 AM

In the front and back the blank pages protect the actual printed part. Books are mostly printed double sided. In the middle of the book the blank page usually is on the back of the page to allow a new chapter to start on the front of a page.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 05:08 PM

Quote:
Intended for exlibris, perhaps?

Logical and possible.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 05:09 PM

Quote:
In the middle of the book the blank page usually

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. This blank page is at the very beginning of the book. Maybe second or third paper in the book.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 05:13 PM

One thought that crossed my mind was : the page is left for authors who want to sign a copy of the book. But other pages in the beginning of the book aren't exactly full. They have enough space for a signature.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 11/29/20 05:17 PM

Quote:
In the middle of the book the blank page usually

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. This blank page is at the very beginning of the book. Maybe second or third paper in the book.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/11/pages-intentionally-left-blank-say/

Re: Question from planet Mars - 12/02/20 06:21 AM

Thanks boss !!

Re: Question from planet Mars - 12/02/20 06:24 AM

I got another no-prep question.
Please bear with me

In MS Word 2010 , where can I find the "AUTO-TEXT" listing

In older versions of Word, I remember a listing of words or phrases that helps the program auto-correct or auto-complete whatever I type. Now, I cannot find the list in Word 2010
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Question from planet Mars - 12/02/20 01:38 PM

In MS Word 2010 , where can I find the "AUTO-TEXT" listing

Go to File / Options / Proofing. You can click Autocorrect Options to see a lot of this. Also from the Proofing page you can click Custom Dictionaries to see that setting.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 12/02/20 04:36 PM

Thank you

I have made enough detours here.
Got to think of some prepping-related questions.

Thanks

Re: Question from planet Mars - 01/24/21 07:04 AM

Hey guys

Got another one of those questions, from another galaxy.
LOL

My son#2 and I were watching one of his 4x4-related U-tube channels, and I told him about an old TV show that he may have liked, but I forgot the name. In that show, the guy has a 4x4 tow truck, with dual rear wheels. Every time someone gets stuck somewhere in the wilderness, and he goes to the rescue.

Can anyone here remember the name of the show ??

Thanks
Posted by: Herman30

Re: Question from planet Mars - 01/24/21 10:08 AM

Lizard Lick Towing?

Re: Question from planet Mars - 01/24/21 04:14 PM

Thanks Herman
I checked a couple of episodes. But no.

The show I am asking about was all about taking the tow truck in the wilderness and rescuing other jeeps or cars which were stuck.

The truck was red (I think) but cannot remember if it was Ford or Chevy.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 01/24/21 04:26 PM

Not sure, but I think I found it, or something very close

It's called the ( BSF Recovery team )
Same red truck, and same type of recovery scenes.

Here is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2h4i7DYc_s

Will start searching for complete episodes, if they are available.

Re: Question from planet Mars - 01/24/21 04:27 PM

Another example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VquVTPwaJI

Just in case there are more teen-minded 4x4 enthusiasts, here is the show that my son was showing me :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zee2Fz_yX_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srb_I-GvovM