I'll be back in a week or so!

Posted by: Phaedrus

I'll be back in a week or so! - 07/13/20 09:24 AM

I'm heading out Monday for a camping & backpacking trip. Probably won't be back til Saturday, so if I'm not around you'll know why. cool grin
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: I'll be back in a week or so! - 07/13/20 12:53 PM

Have fun!
Posted by: Janysboy

Re: I'll be back in a week or so! - 07/13/20 10:59 PM

I envy you. My keft knee is bone on bone and I'm having a total knee replacement in a week. I hope to recover, lose some weight, and get back to hiking and camping. In November 2003, I spent a week hiking and camping on Cumberland Island National Seashore. I was working in Open Heart Surgery at the time, and needed to get away and decompress. I hiked back to the North end of the island and spent a week in near solitude. My plan is to rehab my knee, lose a little weight and spend a week next March camping and hiking wih a friend.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: I'll be back in a week or so! - 07/14/20 02:16 AM

Like you, I am anticipating body pat replacement - a new right hip joint. Hopefully then, something akin to normal activity.

But I really piped up to thank you for your labors in open heart surgery. Ten years ago, I got a new aortic valve and those years have been fun, rewarding, and productive. I understand that without the procedure, i would have had no more than three years of diminishing life.

I understand they now replace that valve through a cut in the femoral vein? Amazing!!
Posted by: Chisel

Re: I'll be back in a week or so! - 07/17/20 05:10 AM

Have fun Phaedrus