Gear Review: The Seventy2

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 12:05 AM

Hikermor and I talked about doing a gear review of premade survival kits I own. So far, the only premade kits I've own are the PSP and the Seventy2. There's no point in reviewing the PSP here. I'll do the Seventy2.

https://unchartedsupplyco.com/pages/seventy2

I'll start with the pack its self. Uncharted designed it with the grey man concept in mind. For those who do not want to announce to the zombies, "I'm prepared," the pack was made to look like a normal bookbag. Usually, wearing dull colors at night would present a problem if you are walking alongside a road. Drivers can't see you. Uncharted addresses this problem with a reflective pattern on the pack, visable with a vehicle's headlights. Unfortunately, this only works when a driver has their headlights on and is paying attention.

The pack comes with three waterproof zipped pockets (two small pockets, one on each wing, and a large), six loops for storing any extra gear, a means for carrying your water bottle externally, an attachment point for the included flashlight (I don't know how useful that would be, but the option is nevertheless there) and an integrated whistle. The whistle is not very loud but, because of the way it is integrated, it takes up a negligible amount of space and weight. However, it's placement might come in handy.

The pack is comfortable to wear. Uncharted claims it is waterproof, submersible and can double as a flotation device. I have not put this claim to the test.

Next is the insert, which keeps the components organized. It uses eight color-coded pockets with big white letters stating what's inside. Basic instructions are printed on one side of the insert, and straps are mounted on the other side of the insert, turning it into an improvised backpack if you use the shell for something else. Uncharted Supply claims that the plastic backing for the insert can be used as splints (listed as splints in the medical section), snowshoes, and a snow shovel. I have not tested this claim, but Uncharted does have a video on how to use the improvised splints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-anQhyqc9Q

The insert does eat up some of the space. I guess it comes down to which you want most. More space or organization? The inclusion of the insert could explain the 2-liter discrepancy of the shell's capacity.

The first item you see is the 48 oz (1400 ml) Nalgene plastic water bottle with the Uncharted logo.

In no particular order, I will go over the contents in the pockets. In the section labeled "Water Filter," you will find a Sawyer Mini. Uncharted mentions that the included cleaning syringe can double as wound irrigation.

In the pocket labeled "Food" is the only food-related item included in this kit: Datrex lifeboat rations. Uncharted does not mention this; it seems that you can use this brick as a means of self-defense.

In "Air & Vision," Uncharted includes two glow sticks, a reusable mask, and a pair of goggles. I don't know who makes goggles, but they seem well built though not top of the line. They did not form a complete seal around my face, but it was close, and the thick straps are adjustable.

In the "Tools" section, Uncharted includes one 64 oz Sawyer pouch.

https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-64-oz-squeezable-pouch-set-2-2/

The "Tools" section continues with a sheath (the material feels thin, but otherwise seems okay) for the knife and ferrocerium rod. The sheath includes a belt loop and a strap for securing the knife. The fixed blade knife is a single piece of thick steel with a paracord handle. I'm not the best person to judge a knife, but I think Uncharted picked a winner in the affordable category. There is no flex. It does not pass the paper test, I think a touchup on the blade will fix that, and it is not exactly comfortable in my hand. Nevertheless, I can maintain a firm grip on it. The tools section also has 100' of paracord (Uncharted says it's 550), a folding shovel/ax that feels solid and five yards of RediTape.

https://www.reditape.com/fluorescent-orange-pocket-size-duct-tape/

The "Warmth" pocket includes a mylar tube tent, mylar blanket (orange on one side), two hand warmers, a nice watch cap with the Uncharted logo (Uncharted relaced this cap with a solid grey one) and a pair of work and winter gloves. I'm not thrilled with the gloves. I think Uncharted could have done better within the price category.

"First Aid" includes a fifteen pack of antibacterial wet wipes, a first aid kit, and a 2 oz tube of Bare Republic SPF50 sunscreen. The first aid kit I got is different from what they have now. The following is the kit they have now.

https://unchartedsupplyco.com/products/first-aid-kit

In the "Electronics" department, we have an Eton radio/flashlight combo. The power pack can be charged either via the hand crank, tiny solar panel, or included USB cable. The power pack device can be used to charge a USB device (Apple adapter not included).

The last pocket is labeled "Flashlight," "Lighters," "Matches," and "Multitool." The kit does not come with lighters, but they provide a space for them. The flashlight and multitool I have are different from what they have now. The matches they include are the Survival Stormproof Match Kit with the Uncharted logo.

https://www.ucogear.com/firestarting/matches/survival-stormproof-match-kit-mt--sv--case?returnurl=%2ffirestarting%2fmatches%2f

I'm not happy with the choice of gloves. Uncharted could have done better. Overall, I would say that the quality of this kit is middle-of-the-road. It's not top of the line, nor is it Chinese junk.

This kit does not have everything, and Uncharted acknowledges this. I'm glad that they do. Instead of attempting to make a one-size-fits-all kit, they recommend additions for each possible situation.

https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/how-to-prepare-for-winter-conditions-travel
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/survival-tools
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/disaster-preparedness-tips
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/hurricane-timeline
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/how-to-survive-a-hurricane
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/preparing-for-floods
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/family-emergency-plan
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/winter-car-kit
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/winter-hiking
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/winter-camping
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/winter-survival-gear
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/winter-rv-camping
https://unchartedsupplyco.com/blogs/news/car-emergency-kit

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 02:02 AM

Nice writeup, thanks! Apropos of nothing I really love the Datrex rations! Right now I have 20 x 2400 calorie packages of them. The toughest part for me is not tearing into them to snack on 'em. blush
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 01:27 PM

I believe we discussed this kit and its numerous deficiencies in a previous thread. Scanning over some of Uncharted's material, there is so much that is questionable or downright wrong, that i don't know where to begin.

There are far more reliable sources (like ETS itself, for example than this company which is mainly pushing its rather dubious survival package.

I don't like being so negative, but this is really bad stuff...

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Scanning over some of Uncharted's material, there is so much that is questionable or downright wrong, that i don't know where to begin.

There are far more reliable sources (like ETS itself, for example than this company which is mainly pushing its rather dubious survival package.

Do you mean the additional gear Uncharted has recommended for a given situation? Even their recommendations for additional supplies are lacking. However, other than Doug, I have yet to come across a survival kit maker that goes to this extent of recommending additional gear. Most makers say that all you need in addition to their product are important documents, prescription medications, a change of clothes, a disposable lighter, and pepper spray.

The only other possible exception I know of is Ultimate Survival. However, I can't comment on what Ultimate Survival has to say since I have not read everything they have.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 03:50 PM

I forgot to go over the ferrocerium rod. It does not produce a shower of sparks like the bigger ferrocerium rods, but it works. I was able to get enough sparks to start a fire.

More about the radio. I am able to pick up radio stations clearly, and the built-in battery pack holds a charge. I got it in November, and it still has a full charge with the only drain beings tests.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 04:07 PM

I could go on and on, but let me make this short: Here is a quote:

"Don’t waste precious space on a sleeping bag; pack a Mylar thermal blanket instead.'

It is clear that they are referring to "space blankets" which do indeed have a function, but not one of insulation. Space blankets are advertised as reflecting 90% of radiated heat. This works well in the vacuum of space, I imagine, but on earth, one loses heat through convection and conduction,neither of which is impeded by a space blanket, which are useful at shielding one from wind and rain, etc.

A decent sleeping bag is an absolute core item for any outdoor activity. Think "boots, bag, and backpack" if you will be moving around outdoors and staying the night. These are the absolute core items for productive time when out and about.

They also advocate a "waterproof"tent, which is unfortunate. A waterproof barrier keeps moisture from entering the tent, but also prevents moisture from leaving the tent, which eventually results in a very damp and sloppy interior. That is why decent tents come with a waterproof fly and highly permeable sidewalls. These,properly pitched, function very well.

There is more, a lot more. Some of their advice is OK, but far too much is questionable or just down right wrong and misguided and if followed, can lead to fatal consequences.
Posted by: Herman30

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/22/20 07:45 PM

Regarding preparing for flood there is on crucial thing no-one mentions: a boat or a raft. That´s what I would have in my garden if I lived in an area of flood risk.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/24/20 08:02 PM

We discussed this rather vigorously here:
http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=292499&page=1

My view: A $350 USD kit that doesn't have a metal container to melt snow and boil water in? No tinder for making fire? Big, big fail. Though if you want the barest essentials you can buy the $500 "Pro" kit. They have a helluva nerve IMHO.

The website is a nicely engineered piece of marketing though. It hits the demographic of likely buyers very well. "Professional experts (undefined) have inspired this (not built or approved it). Now I am masterful, now I am in control! I've got this niggling worry locked down, and I feel so much better!" That's the emotional script, and they've nailed it. It sells.

I don't know if this incomplete kit would make someone better off or gives a false sense of security and increase their risk. Too many variables. I guess it depends on their skills, experience and judgement, which no kit can provide. Hopefully they would fix this kit before they went out.

A passing thought to consider though: given the target demographic, one additional piece of kit they're carrying is the resilience of youth. I'm running a little short on that, but I remember it, and it tipped the balance quite a bit.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/24/20 11:28 PM

You are absolutely correct about the metal container. Just a couple of comments from their survival tools discussion.

They emphasize that in a recent year the National Park Service conducted 2600 SAR operations. The NPS administers over 400 different units which in 2016 received over 30 million visits. That amounts to 0.0000866 SAR ops per visitor. Feel free to check my computation, because math is not my strong suit, but the parks are reasonably safe, especially if you are knowledgeable about hazards...

And further along is this horrendous gem on paracord:

"A paracord, or a small, strong rope, can be used to traverse steep terrain, build shelter," etc.

Following that advice will get you killed!! Paracord has no application in any life support situation. Climbers recognized this years ago when paracord became readily available, leading to statements about the dangers of paracord in climbing magazines and publications like the annual survey of climbing accidents.

The absolute minimum rope would be at least 8mm in diameter, and that only for certain specialized situations - at least 9mmis much better. We are not talking hardware store grade, but specialized designs for mountaineering and caving (very expensive).

This claim alone convinces me that these folks are totally ignorant of the correct application of the garbage they are selling.

Paracord does have legitimate outdoor applications, to be sure. it makes good shoe laces and zipper pulls. It is great for lashing in applications like shelter building. Some varieties include a thread that makes quite decent fire tinder.

Rant off.....
Posted by: Burncycle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 04:29 AM

Thanks for the overview!

I went to their youtube and watched some of the explanation videos.

When they're presenting the kits, what jumps out to me are some subtle clues that while they certainly look the part of outdoor adventurists and have an air of experience, they're not as familiar with some of the nuance and caveats that go along with some of this gear, and are parroting common misconceptions.

To me, this comes across as a designer bug out bag which seems to be targeting a certain type of layperson -- not particularly interested in the outdoors and likes the idea of it more than the actual reality of it, but caught a "preparedness" bug and are just affluent enough to plop $350 down on something, stick it in their boat, airplane or trunk, and call it good.

As far as positives, I will say from a business standpoint, whatever shop they're using to put together this custom gear is pretty cool and I'd love to be able to tailor make survival equipment like that.

They've certainly got the marketing chops, securing funding through crowdsourcing and even sharktank. I probably would have been all about this when I was just starting out. As many here are already aware, it's not easy to put together a commercial survival kit and keep the price point reasonable enough to make most people happy while making yourself a profit. I did some back of the envelope calculations and it would take well over $300 to duplicate just my two PSK tins as it's evolved over the last decade... eek

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Burncycle
When they're presenting the kits, what jumps out to me are some subtle clues that while they certainly look the part of outdoor adventurists and have an air of experience, they're not as familiar with some of the nuance and caveats that go along with some of this gear, and are parroting common misconceptions.

Could you give us an example of misconceptions you are talking about?

Originally Posted By: Burncycle
To me, this comes across as a designer bug out bag

I see this as a good thing as it helps to be the grey man. You don't want to look like a survival expert during the zombie apocalypse.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 03:58 PM

I can't bring myself to watch their videos, so I will confine myself to further description of their blatant inaccuracies.

From their piece on floods:
" A flash flood may result from a tsunami, but not always." Both involve inordinate amounts of water in the wrong place at the wrong time, but any similarity ends there. The flow of water is quite different. Unless you are in relatively low areas along the coast, you need not concern yourself with tsunamis. flash floods can occur over a much wider area. I have dealt with amazing floods in the desert. There are bits of good advice in this section, but overall, it is highly superficial.

There is a lot of misinformation and just plain typos ("sheers" for "shears" - First Aid Kit) that one wonders about their general competence,knowledge, and ability.

They state that their bag has a capacity of 48 liters, giving the dimensions as 18x12x6 inches. That is less than 1300 cu inches, or 21 liters.

Apparently there is some sort of storage container, not illustrated or described, which would increase the capacity, but their figures are misleading.

Burncycle's comments are right on! He also mentions the cumulative cost of the gear he has assembled. I am in the same boat. I was surprised to see the total cost of some of my survival essentials.

The things I would use in a survival situation are also the items i use regularly when out and about, so nearly everything has a purpose beyond some stark survival situation. My gear has been accumulated over time and that eases the pain. When you are in a tricky situation, cost is irrelevant. Hanging from a rope, I have often thought, "Whatever this cost, it was worth it!"

Finally, I don't understand the concern with being grey in a tough situation. Short of some sort of riot/mob situation, I am going to step up and help people in worse shape than me. I have been doing this quite regularly and there is no reason to stop now.

If I am ever faced with a frenzied mob, I will deal with the situation. Until then...

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 05:16 PM

Burncycle's comments are right on! He also mentions the cumulative cost of the gear he has assembled. I am in the same boat. I was surprised to see the total cost of some of my survival essentials.

I did that. All I ended up with, after more than $200 went down the drain, was nothing but the knowledge of don't do that again.

Finally, I don't understand the concern with being grey in a tough situation.

I already addressed that.

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
For those who do not want to announce to the zombies, "I'm prepared," the pack was made to look like a normal bookbag.

As for the volume of the bag, do you need me to fill it with water to find out how much it can hold?

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 05:26 PM

Finally, I don't understand the concern with being grey in a tough situation. Short of some sort of riot/mob situation, I am going to step up and help people in worse shape than me. I have been doing this quite regularly and there is no reason to stop now.

Very broadly speaking I've seen two types of tough situations.

By far the more common kind I've seen is where being visible has helped a lot. For example, when I came across a bicyclist injured in a motor vehicle accident, after parking and scanning for scene safety I announced myself as a member of the local Emergency Response Team and started to render aid, regretting the absence of my bright yellow CERT traffic vest.

Very rare in my experience have been the, "It's time to go right now!" tough situations, like seeing the beginning of a riot or an armed kidnapping. There was nothing positive I could immediately add other than absenting myself (for the riot, the police were already there, for the kidnapping I did call the police once we got to cover).

In tough situations in the wilderness being very visible is almost always what I want. In urban and suburban areas, I'd like the option to blend in.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 07:44 PM

Normal bookbag? Really! That bag doesn't look like any book bag I have ever seen. With its off center water pocket (which will render the bag very awkward when full).

There is a reason all hydration packs have their bladders in the center and close to the back.

Actually, the unique look, logo and all, might be advantageous. The bad guys will recognize it and conclude to leave it alone, since it is filled with junk, and continue on, searching for something better, a not particularly difficult task.

You may fill that bag with whatever you wish, but it is not necessary to do so in order to determine its volume. They give the dimensions are 18x12x6 inches, which is a volume of 1296 cubic inches, around 21 liters (litres?, whatever). That is about half the size of the typical day pack, 2500 cu in. For bigger loads and overnight trips, I prefer a pack at around 4000 -4500 cu in. The typical load would weigh around 45 pounds.

Gear costs money. That's life. You need to choose wisely, and plan for the long term. Fortunately my profession, employer, and my hobbies have all given me a lot of time outdoors and the incentive to acquire decent gear. Most of this is quite applicable to a variety of emergency situations. If I have learned anything, it is to buy quality gear which will function well, rather than cheaper stuff which will fail unexpectedly (typically in a crisis). Fortunately not all good gear is expensive - think Mora knives.

There is always someone who will peddle subpar items at a seemingly bargain price - like this survival lash up. Although the price really isn't a bargain. Like I said, it is better than nothing, but not much better.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/26/20 07:56 PM

Oneof the best outdoor items I ever had was from a Frostline kit (sew it yourself gear). It was a reversible down jacket, dark green on one side (a perfect match with my NPS uniform) and screaming blaze international orange on the other. Talk about options....

It was also nice and warm..

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 12:57 AM

Actually, the unique look, logo and all, might be advantageous. The bad guys will recognize it and conclude to leave it alone, since it is filled with junk, and continue on, searching for something better, a not particularly difficult task.

If this is true, no one would think that I've modified mine. As I stated earlier, I wasted more than $200, attempting to build one from the ground up. Therefore, I'm in the early process of doing what I have done with my medical kit. Buy one off-the-shelf and modify it.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 02:45 AM

If this is true, no one would think that I've modified mine. As I stated earlier, I wasted more than $200, attempting to build one from the ground up. Therefore, I'm in the early process of doing what I have done with my medical kit. Buy one off-the-shelf and modify it.

Jeanette Isabelle

What was wrong with the BOB you built? I don't remember reading about it.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 02:58 AM

Jeanette_Isabelle, we are not criticizing you personally, nor your choices, only the serious, potentially dangerous deficiencies of this kit "as shipped."

I think those of us with extensive experience are primarily concerned that people will purchase this and assume "problem solved!" when that is honestly not the case.

But purchasing a base kit (even overpriced) AND meticulously filling in the gaps is a reasonable strategy, and you've made it clear that is your approach.

So relax and tell us how you have chosen to fill in the gaps. smile

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
What was wrong with the BOB you built? I don't remember reading about it.

I discussed it last year. The kit is not "gray man," and it screams, "I don't know what the heck I'm doing."

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
So relax and tell us how you have chosen to fill in the gaps. smile

So far, the one modification I've made includes the contents of the PSP, without the orange pouch, and put them in one of the two wing pockets. All outside pockets are zipped and watertight.

I'm expecting a delivery from Tiny Survival tomorrow. I'll probably put what I decide to include in the other wing pocket.

I'll either include the entire following kit or parts of it.

https://gopreparedsurvival.com/products/individual-basic-packet-ibp

I'm also considering Spartan Fire, a keychain flashlight (in addition to the flashlight the Seventy2 already has), and a waterproof 5" x 7" notebook.

https://gopreparedsurvival.com/products/spartan-fire-multi-use-edc-tinder

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 04:00 AM

In this subforum? I'll have to look and find it. At first blush I can't see how it's a waste though. It seems that you could simply buy a less tactical looking bag/pack for it and transfer the content. You might even be able to eBay the bag off to recoup the cash or save the bag for another project.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 04:34 AM

And since you're upgrading your fire-making capabilities, I hope you're adding things like this?
- a stainless steel bowl or pot that you can boil water in, heat food in, heat wash water in, sterilize items
- spare bad-weather clothing, including rain protection and insulation for cool temperatures (inner layers punch well above their weight; and a light fleece blanket has infinite uses)

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 11:38 AM

It's not just the bag. Except for my EDC bag, which I have built and rebuilt over the years, I have not been very successful at building something from scratch.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
And since you're upgrading your fire-making capabilities, I hope you're adding things like this?
- a stainless steel bowl or pot that you can boil water in, heat food in, heat wash water in, sterilize items

I was looking at something like this.

https://www.bestglide.com/adventurer-survival-kit-box.html

I also considered a space saver cub for the water bottle. However, that would be a visible modification. If hikermor is correct, people will leave me alone if all they see is an unmodified Seventy2.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 01:50 PM

Solve the metal cup issue with this

https://www.rei.com/product/165307/gsi-outdoors-bugaboo-20-fl-oz-bottle-cup:

The 48 oz nalgene canteen fit into these and the whole rig goes into the outside pocket, invisible when zipped. Many variants are available from numerous sources, including a less expensive 8 oz version.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 02:20 PM

Yes, those canteen cups take up almost no space.

Though I prefer stainless steel (mug, pot, bowl) since the rim cools quickly and you can drink from them directly. It doesn't need to be from an outdoor retailer either -- I have sometimes taken a small, inexpensive kitchen mixing bowl in a daypack because my spare clothing conforms around it perfectly.

Edit: It's important to choose something that's safe for contact with food. Even an uncoated tin can from coffee is useful.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 03:05 PM

The GSI cup, 8 oz, is stainless steel.

Patronizing non outdoor equipment retailers.??? It is a well known fact that you are courting disaster. It has to come from Eddie Bauer or ll Bean. grin

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 03:33 PM

The 48 oz nalgene canteen fit into these and the whole rig goes into the outside pocket, invisible when zipped. Many variants are available from numerous sources, including a less expensive 8 oz version.

The outside pocket is semi-transparent. I think people will notice it.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 03:37 PM

I seem to recall seeing them in an anodized grey/charcoal colour. That might fit your plan.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 05/27/20 04:13 PM

I think this concern with color is rather misplaced. if we are concerned with a riot situation, color of objects will hardly matter,nor will the view of a canteen cup through a semi-transparent cover influence anyone's actions.

As I have claimed before, the advice about "the grey man" is mythical and not corroborated by accounts of actual events (riots). As Chaosmagnet relates, the best course of action during a riot situation is to seek cover and/or exit the scene.

Of course, circumstances vary. During the Rodney King riots in LA, although reasonably distant, I checked my weapons and was reasonably ready, being responsible for Mrs. Hikermor, who is an excellent pistol shot, and our then infant daughter.

The vast majority of survival situations do not involve civil unrest or any kind of conflict. It is unrealistic and counter productive to focus undue attention on those rare situations.

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 06/21/20 01:30 PM

So far, the one modification I've made includes the contents of the PSP, without the orange pouch, and put them in one of the two wing pockets. All outside pockets are zipped and watertight.

I was not too fond of having the contents of the PSP lose in a pocket, even with the pocket zipped.

I put them back into the orange pouch (which almost fits the exterior pocket) and put it with the water filter. I imagine the PSP would fit the wing pocket if it were still in the clear pouch.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Gear Review: The Seventy2 - 06/21/20 07:56 PM

Probably a good idea! Even though it's more packaging material I like having small items in pouches to keep them from getting lost.