How Has Your Music Taste Changed

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

How Has Your Music Taste Changed - 04/29/20 06:19 PM

Has your taste in music remained stable throughout the years, or have there been radical changes?

Starting from when I was a child, Stevie Ray Vaughan may have been my first favorite then Jim Brickman. Somewhere in the mix, I was influenced by the music Dad liked when he was a teenager such as Jimi Hendrix. Later I became interested in Andrea Bocelli and the music from Lord of the Dance.

I became a teenager during the boy band fad and liked The Backstreet Boys. Later the only new songs that I liked were from movies and "Anchor" by Novo Amor.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: hikermor

Re: How Has Your Music Taste Changed - 04/29/20 07:46 PM

When I was a kid, Beethoven was composing just down the street. The finest music ever written is his "Ode to Joy."

Later, I have been a fan of folk music - Burl Ives, Pete Seeger,and the Weavers. They have provided a lot of inspiration for more recent composers.

The Beatles are pretty good , as well.

Oops! Typo.....That should be "composTing, not composing"
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: How Has Your Music Taste Changed - 04/29/20 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor
When I was a kid, Beethoven was composing just down the street. The finest music ever written is his "Ode to Joy."
grin

I'm a bit younger but also a big fan of classical music.

My musical tastes have grown and changed over time. As a kid I mostly liked classical and heavy metal but over the years my tastes have broadened. I started getting into jazz and folks in my mid-to-late 20's as well as alt-rock. I've always loved classical but I didn't get into opera until my late 20's or early 30's.

Unlike some folks who only like the music of their youth I have favorites that have popped up in every era. There's a lot of good stuff coming out nowadays as well.
Posted by: M_a_x

Re: How Has Your Music Taste Changed - 04/30/20 05:21 AM

The taste itself has not really changed. However over time the spectrum got broader. Youtube contributed by offering a huge selection. One of the latested additions is Postmodern Jukebox.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: How Has Your Music Taste Changed - 04/30/20 06:46 AM

Postmodern Jukebox is awesome!
Posted by: brandtb

Re: How Has Your Music Taste Changed - 04/30/20 03:36 PM

I'm still partial to Mel Torme, Rosemary Clooney, and Patsy Cline.