Beef Products

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Beef Products - 03/14/20 03:49 PM

Mom told me that she sees a scarcity of canned beef products, both in stores and online. So far, this is not as much of a problem with other canned meats.

Has anyone else noticed a problem? Could this be because of the current panic buying, or is there something else going on?

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: M_a_x

Re: Beef Products - 03/14/20 04:34 PM

Around here they are not always easy to get. That started well before the corona virus even was a topic. It could be because not enough people buy canned beef. That could cause stores to take it out of stock and the manufacturers to not produce it anymore. Erbswurst went that way.
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: Beef Products - 03/15/20 10:49 PM

the asian grocery store i pick up a few things at has always had a big stock of canned meats.i never bought any as spam is my canned meat but it looks like it's corned meat from south America.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Beef Products - 03/15/20 11:19 PM

I suppose it was a low demand item before the CoV panic. Now anything in a can is fair game.
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: Beef Products - 03/16/20 11:09 PM

local Sam's Club last Friday... picked up a couple of 6x flats of corned beef hash, in case I needed something to augment breakfast...still a reasonable supply... same with Vienna Sausages, and instant rice... bulk rice was gone... most of my hurricane caned goods have meat included in the soups, and I don't really buy just canned meat other than small amount of some tuna,ham, and chicken (did not see the quantity as I have some already in the pantry...

Pasco County, central Gulf Coast of Florida