Area 51

Posted by: brandtb

Area 51 - 07/20/19 03:27 PM

Let's get a group of forum members together and join the assault on Area 51. When the shooting starts we could whip out the FAKs.

Who's in?
Posted by: Herman30

Re: Area 51 - 07/20/19 04:06 PM

Posting above reported to moderators. Do not seem to fit the forum rules.
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Area 51 - 07/20/19 07:30 PM

Despite rumors to the contrary, The moderators do have a sense of humor and are fine with the post.
Posted by: haertig

Re: Area 51 - 07/21/19 02:52 PM

Me, were I bizarre enough to participate in an event like this, I'd surely opt to take a larger FAK than I normally carry.

This might turn out to be a interesting showcase of our military's capabilities. Although, stopping a herd of people carrying bongs and beers through the desert could probably be handled easily using nothing more than medieval technology.
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 07/21/19 02:58 PM

That depends. Which superpower were you wanting to use for this assault?

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle

Jeanette Isabelle

My ability to bore people into a stupor with a discussion on the difference between cash and accrual accounting. We'll walk right in.
Posted by: Bingley

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 06:52 AM

Since the mob is proposing to Naruto run toward Area 51, I guess there will be many knee and face injuries from tripping on the uneven terrain. (I seem to recall that if you knock a tooth out, you should keep it in cold milk until you reach a dentist.)

The plus side is that there won't be broken arms.

Apparently this is the physical conditioning regiment that many are undertaking to rescue aliens in Area 51:

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/8382/Gym-Posts-Training-Video-To-Help-Aliens-Escape-Area-51

For the old folks -- Naruto is a fictional character from a Japanese cartoon (or "anime" in Japanese). He likes to run leaning forward, with his arms behind.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 02:38 PM

As an oldie, thank you very much, Bingley, for the update of "Naruto." I would never have known.

I suspect there would be broken arms, though, as well as a high percentage of cranial injuries, unless suitable head protection is worn...

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 03:55 PM

Sounds like the posture that speed skaters use. However, they are on very flat, very manicured ice. Not a rocky desert floor.

I hope they post videos!

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Despite rumors to the contrary, The moderators do have a sense of humor and are fine with the post.

Please enlighten me where the humour is `cos I donīt get it. confused

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Herman30
Please enlighten me where the humour is `cos I donīt get it. confused

It is fairly obvious tongue-in-cheek sarcastic humor here in the USA. Maybe there are slight language usage differences between the USA and Finland that are causing the confusion?

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: haertig

It is fairly obvious tongue-in-cheek sarcastic humor here in the USA. Maybe there are slight language usage differences between the USA and Finland that are causing the confusion?

Must be.
Quote:
Let's get a group of forum members together and join the assault on Area 51. When the shooting starts we could whip out the FAKs.

By the way, what is this alledged assault on Area 51?

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: brandtb

My ability to bore people into a stupor with a discussion on the difference between cash and accrual accounting. We'll walk right in.

I don't know. These people are highly trained and would be able to counter such a strategy.

I want a combination of gear, skills and the ability to multiply gear I do have, allowing me to travel light so that I may cover greater distances in a single day.

Perhaps, in conjunction with my first, optimize my body (height, weight, proportions, etcetera) for this assault.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Herman30
[quote=haertig]

By the way, what is this alleged assault on Area 51?

O.K., Herman, here's the story. A guy named Matty Roberts jokingly suggested on Facebook that people should storm Area 51 on September 20th to get the facts behind the rumor that the Air Force is keeping aliens and alien aircraft there. In true Facebook fashion the post went viral and over a million people signed up to go. Roberts apologized for the post (Note to self: Nobody ever got out of trouble by posting on Facebook.)

With his new-found fame Roberts is now pushing the idea of a music festival near the base. I'm too old for a music festival, but I still like the original idea. With the combined outdoor skills of the forum community we could crack the mystery. So far the only one who is possibly interested is Jeanette Isabella.

https://time.com/5631571/area-51-raid-festival/

Re: Area 51 - 07/22/19 11:21 PM

If there will be a music festival, a music festival survival kit is essential. The following are the two best music festival survival kits I have found so far:

https://www.gofullcircle.co.uk/
https://www.picnmixfestivalkit.co.uk/essentials-festival-kit/eco-festival-kit

Best of all, both of these kits are eco-friendly.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: UncleGoo

Re: Area 51 - 07/23/19 12:09 AM

Probably not on my calendar. I've heard about those alien probes: I'll get my colonoscopy done locally, thank you.

Re: Area 51 - 07/23/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: UncleGoo
I've heard about those alien probes: I'll get my colonoscopy done locally, thank you.

Re: Area 51 - 07/23/19 06:45 AM

O.K., Herman, here's the story....

OK, had not heard (read) about his. Now I can see the fun in it. Thank you for the explanation.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Area 51 - 07/23/19 04:13 PM

The good news is the whole raid on Area 51 was a bad joke gone awry. The better news is that there’s nothing much to see at Area 51 anyway besides some neat aircraft that aren’t ready for primetime. The really good stuff and the aliens are in A Town Called Eureka. cool

Re: Area 51 - 07/28/19 02:29 PM

Meanwhile, above the Mojave Desert -

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-n...lien-news-video

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 01:59 PM

After Action Report -

Well, my trip to Area 51 was a total bust. I wasted a perfectly good roll of aluminum foil and Jeanette Isabelle didn't show up.

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 04:25 PM

I did not know you were serious about going.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Janysboy

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 05:47 PM

🤣

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 10:37 PM

I did not know you were serious about going.

Jeanette Isabelle

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 10:46 PM

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

That line is funny only when you use it in its proper context. Use it when a person begins a sentence with "Surely."

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 11:18 PM

O.K., start a sentence with "Surely."

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 11:28 PM

Who is the straight man in this comic duo?

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 09/21/19 11:33 PM

I guess I am. I may need another roll of aluminum foil.

Re: Area 51 - 09/22/19 12:25 AM

I may need another roll of aluminum foil.

I instead prefer my superpower of choice.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 09/22/19 12:27 AM

Surely you're not serious.

Re: Area 51 - 09/22/19 12:49 AM

I definitely would not have gone on that raid if I did not have my superpower of choice.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 09/22/19 12:54 AM

O.K., but as your straight man I just fed you your punch line.

Re: Area 51 - 09/22/19 01:58 AM

A joke is no longer funny after it has been dissected.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Area 51 - 09/22/19 11:27 AM

Touche.