Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot!

Posted by: Phaedrus

Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/10/18 06:37 AM

Just a quick heads-up: Woot has the Mora Fireknife kit on sale for $22. It includes the Fireknife, a Spork and a hunk of fatwood. Not an amazing deal but good ten or twelve bucks cheaper than usual. I did order one simply because the Fireknife is one of the very few Moras I don't have! I had one but gifted it to a fellow on another forum.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/10/18 02:01 PM

Phaedrus speak with straight tongue. Fire knife heap plenty good...
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/10/18 04:35 PM

They are gone already!!!! Teach me to get a little extra sleep.

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/10/18 04:38 PM

Same package on Amazon for $35. Knife alone is $27.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/10/18 08:02 PM

If you didn’t already have a Mora LMF, that was a good deal, Good thing I was late to the party, don’t need any more fatwood and have a strong dislike for sporks.

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/10/18 08:14 PM

I'll find something to do with the spork, not sure what!

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/12/18 08:20 PM

The knife works very well with the ferrocerrium rod, great sparks and easy to use, not awkward.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/16/18 11:53 AM

I use mine with gas camping stoves - very dependable!

Re: Mora Fireknife + extras deal at Woot! - 03/17/18 02:10 AM

Got the Fire Knife! I must say it's the sharpest Mora out of the box that I've seen in a couple years. Probably just the luck of the draw. The 'steel fits well in the handle is seems pretty secure. It's not enormous but it should give a thousand or more strikes. I plan to use it more as a backup/survival item, more last-ditch than front-line, so it should last a while. The "fatwood" is pretty disappointing, I'm afraid. There's barely any pitch at all, you can hardly tell it's pine. Still, for $20 shipped with the knife & spork too I consider it a good deal.