Good Morning

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Good Morning - 09/11/17 12:58 PM

I slept in late today, a good thing considering I had a good night's rest: nine hours.

As you see, power and Internet connection is on.

We have downed tree limbs, a lot of them. Our work has been cut out for us. Otherwise, there is nothing to report. We prepared for the worst and prayed for the best.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Russ

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 01:20 PM

Welcome back. Good to see you weathered the storm.
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 01:59 PM

I am also glad to hear yall weathered the storm so well!!!

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 02:13 PM

I'm not interested in going through that again. It was nerve racking; even more so it was tiring. My nine hours of sleep was well-earned.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 02:27 PM

Glad you're okay.

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 03:39 PM

Even with the wind still blowing, Mom and I were loading the truck with fallen limbs. Once we learn that the recycling center is open, we will unload and do it again. We will need to make several runs.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 03:46 PM

I got word that our friend Jeannie, less than five miles away, has now power. Otherwise, she's fine.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 03:49 PM

So glad you're both fine. That's great news, Jeanette Isabelle!

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 05:38 PM

Nothing says "fun" like filling lawn & leaf bags in the rain. That was what Mom and I were doing.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Good Morning - 09/11/17 07:56 PM

That's great news, Jeanette_Isabelle! I'm glad to see you came through it alright.
Posted by: Pete

Re: Good Morning - 09/16/17 03:58 PM

welcome! Glad the storm was not worse and that you are OK. yes, many prayers were answered.

Re: Good Morning - 09/16/17 04:29 PM

The heavy wind was the scariest part for me. It was during this time I felt like we were isolated from the rest of the world. For practical purposes, the nearest human could have been a mile away.

The only damage was the yard debris; nevertheless, it was a pain. It took a week and several trips to the recycling center to get our yard back to normal.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: burth

Re: Good Morning - 10/01/17 03:17 PM

how do I start a new thread here? I see no button for such? I am looking for a thread about the alone tv show. I saw it before, but a search does not bring it up? thanks
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Good Morning - 10/01/17 05:00 PM

Up at the top of the Around The Campfire forum (and the others) you can click on New Topic.