Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare?

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/09/17 09:53 PM

I have lived in Florida for more than three years. In the past several months, I'm finally making new friends. We have a common interest: end-time Biblical prophecy.

I learn that one of them and her family of four does not have the resources to prepare.

While talking to Mom, I suggested that I let them have some of my extra first aid kits and first aid supplies. She was concerned that if I gave away some of the first aid kits and supplies that I have, we might not have enough.

At that point, I wondered if Mom even knew what I have. I went to my room, came out with an armload of eight first aid kits (ranging from pocket size to industrial) and additional supplies and told Mom that this is half of what I have. Mom could see my point. I could perhaps spare something.

What I mentioned is what I personally have. This does not include other kits and supplies in the house. My question to the forum is this: Do I have too many first aid kits and supplies?

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/09/17 10:24 PM

Probably not, although it all depends upon what situation you will be coping with. Most FA items have a reasonably long shelf life.

I will harp on a predictable theme of mine (and maybe others too) - training is just as important as supplies. Could you get them into a FA course, along with your generous gift?

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/09/17 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Probably not, although it all depends upon what situation you will be coping with.

I'm not preparing for the Battle of Armageddon.

I will harp on a predictable theme of mine (and maybe others too) - training is just as important as supplies. Could you get them into a FA course, along with your generous gift?

Though I took a class, I learned more by studying a book and practicing on myself.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/10/17 12:02 AM

It sounds to me like you've got all travel and home possibilities covered.

My home has 2 FAK's: 1 latex and trauma and 1 non latex and minor day to day cuts and scrapes capability. My truck has a large FAK for trauma and burns and 2 smaller FAKS (GHB's). My van has 2 minor Faks (BoB's). The camper has a large industrial size FAK.

Always use your buddy's FAK on his injuries, save your FAK/Supplies for your own injuries.

I think you're providing your friend with their own FAK's is extremely considerate and meaningful gift that will be appreciated and treasured.

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/10/17 12:33 AM

The point is if an armful is half of the total first aid kits I have, am I overdoing it?

As the cliche goes, women shop for shoes. They see a new pair of shoes and buy it. Me? If someone comes out with a new first aid kit, I buy it.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/10/17 05:26 AM

A FAK addiction is better than a shoe addiction! grin
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/10/17 01:10 PM

JI... I'm a competitive shooter, and as such have prepared for an accidental gunshot wound, which trauma could easily be duplicated by a range of more common incidents

I have three kits, one I clip to my gun cart, similar in content... tourniquet, Israeli compression bandage or OLAES modular(the Israeli is a smaller package), both roll and bandage Kerlix gauze, petroleum gauze (the OLAES seals the thorax also), NPA and lube, hemostatic gauze, stretch tape

a boo boo kit of some cloth knuckle bandages, 4x4 gauze and some stretch tape are in a ziploc bag

just some ideas
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/10/17 01:26 PM

If you have the possible contingencies covered, and can resupply sufficiently, you may want to use your resources to improve your preps in another area.
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 04:23 AM

Jeanette,

I think providing basic FAKs is fine. The thing to consider is that the band-aids are going to be used up first. After which the FAK is likely to fall off the planet into some sort of oblivion. I had some "quick kits" made up one time. They included a few band-aids, a few 4x4s, the stick-to-itself tape, gloves, and some triple antibiotic ointment. The were intended to be essentially single-use though they could be replenished. Basically, I had about 5 or 6 of them that I could just grab and toss to a person to use. They came in handy one day when someone tried to contravene the laws of physics. A person successfully disproved that a hand and a hedge clippers can occupy the same physical space at the same temporal moment. I grabbed one of my quick kits, bandaged him up, and some took him to the ER. I later heard from the "scientist" that the ER folks mentioned what a great wrapping/bandaging job it was. Anyway, I think your FAK addiction is fine because it is at least useful. Be generous. Stay prepared. Educate when you can.

My $.02
Posted by: M_a_x

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
The point is if an armful is half of the total first aid kits I have, am I overdoing it?

I would tackle the question from a management angle.
Can you afford to replace expired items in all of your kits when they expire?
If no, fewer kits might be a reasonable aproach.
Can you keep track of which items in which kit are going to expire when? If no, you might need a better tracking system or get rid of some kits.
Do you have the time for regular check and maintenace? If no, you might have to get rid of some kits.
I have a couple of FAKs too. Some sit on a shelf ready to grab and go. Some have their home in the luggage for special activities (e. g. my range bag, my rifle case, my hiking pack) to make sure I do not forget to grab it. Sometimes that leads to bringing more than one FAK. I keep a record of the expiration dates (e. g. sterile stuff in my range bag is going to expire 5/2019).

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 07:05 AM

I forgot to mention the Dog FAK that I keep in the dog's BoB. It is a trauma kit for my fir babies.

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 12:26 PM

I do keep track of when things expire and buy refills. Other times it is cheaper to buy another kit.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 01:18 PM

As long as you can manage the kits, itīs basically OK.
Usually I use kits according German Industry Standards for powered vehicle kits (DIN 13164 or DIN 13167). The are cheap, have sufficient content for most usecases and usually have a five or ten year shelf life (2 to 3 for the adhesives). Sometimes the kits can be bought at about 5€. Thatīs when I pick mine up.
Posted by: NAro

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 06:10 PM

a bit off topic, but FIW (and some of the medical personnel here may want to weigh in):
You should avoid bandaging, even band-aid types, a wound you haven't cleansed with clean (potable) water. Anything like alcohol or peroxide is not necessary and possibly problematic. Allergic contact dermatitis is not unheard of with triple-antibiotic ointment (or the components). Some people take the shortcut of slathering that on an un-cleaned wound, which is a poor idea because the ointment just traps crud in the wound. There are studies out there that show that these antibiotic or triple-antibiotic ointments don't really do any good, and since they may be problematic (even make the band-aid slip off easier), I personally don't use them and removed them from all my FAKs.
So my "minor cut/scrape" FAK is only a few adhesive strip bandages and a few sterile 4x4s, a "wet wipe" individual pk., and 3-4 of the contact lens sterile saline ampules (google) for a rinse. But that's just me.

My MAJOR kit is entirely a different story....but don't get me started.

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 06:58 PM

FAKs are tool kits. Proper training for their use should be acquired before carrying them. I think that is consensus around here.
First aid classes usually teach that any medication (including antiseptics and antibiotics) should be left to actual medical personel.
However bandages serve different purposes. This includes avoiding further contamination and psychological purposes. In some cases it makes sense to use them even on an uncleaned wound. After all first aid is not final treatment.
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/15/17 07:28 PM

I generally carry a small trauma kit, and have everyone on the trip carry one and ideally be trained in its use. In addition, I carry a general first aid kit for the cuts and scrapes and illnesses endemic to the area. Every person will carry a small personal kit and I carry a more substantial one for larger injuries, medication and longer term care. The intent is to treat and keep them alive until they can be evacuated, not as a permanent care scenario. One of the best first aid tools may be your cell phone or satellite communication, if it is serious.

In a field environment I would certainly ensure that a wound is kept clean, which is more important than covering it. If clean, however, a good wound closure speeds healing, if you can keep it clean. Protecting the wound from contamination or further injury is important.

A good reference for field medical care is:

Ditch Medicine
Posted by: voyaginator

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/16/17 04:10 PM

Glad I read that thread. So, looked at aid emergency kit, then, thought not that one, not enough, this one too small, etc. So, ending up ordering a "good" one https://goo.gl/ME7Btc okay, kind of expensive blush but for a family. And that is my question, is there a list somewhere of essential items for a family first aid kit ? frown

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/16/17 06:13 PM

This kit is a bit bulky, so it's not ideal for travel. In my opinion, it is the best value, best bang for the buck.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/first-aid-kit-351-pieces/prod20200504.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Sam's Club or Total Resources International (the manufacturer of this kit).

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/21/17 06:13 PM

We have a near by surplus store, a place selling overstocked or discontinued items. Yesterday, late afternoon or evening, I worked on an idea of building a first aid kit using surplus items.

This morning I went to CVS to buy a first aid kit case.

http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine/...47?skuId=967347

At the surplus store, I bought a suture removal kit for $2.99 and used the scissors and forceps for the kit. I bought ten 2" x 2" gauze sponges for $0.05 each and put two in my kit. Moleskin for $0.99, a 1" role of Nexcare paper tape for $1.19 and store brand 2 OZ hand sanitizer for $0.29.

I included two p.a.w.s. antimicrobial hand wipes from a box of 100 for $4.99 and one Curad face mask from a box of ten for $3.99.

I included a used first aid book I bought online, one pair of Curad Nitrile exam gloves, a Curad 5" x 9" surgical dressing and a 30 Count box of 0.75" x 3" fabric bandages.

Mom asked if we need any more first aid kits. No, but that's not the point. I like building first aid kits and I have given away or donated some of my projects.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with CVS, the surplus store, Nexcare, p.a.w.s. or Curad.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/23/17 12:16 AM

Update: My friend accepted the first aid kits and first aid book I offered. She only recently began prepping.

I'm now down to six first aid kits. Admittedly it is easier to manage.

After building a first aid kit with surplus items, I considered doing the same for a survival kit.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/23/17 05:04 AM

An idea I'm working on is to build a small very basic FAK stuffed inside a 3 1/2" high pill bottle.

INSIDE OF PILL BOTTLE:
A few bandaids of small and medium size
2 3"x3" gauze pads
2 knuckle bandaids
2 doses of Amodium
2 doses of Benedrill

OUTSIDE OF PILL BOTTLE:
Adhesive tape

I think I'll get those items packed and then see what room is left to fill.

Possible filler items:
Tweezers
Small tube antibiotic ointment

This kit would be for a dayhike pack, tacklebox, glove compartment, etc.
Any suggestions????

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/23/17 12:23 PM

I recommend a single-use packet of antibiotic ointment instead of a small tube. Also, include two safety pins, #3 if they can fit.

Edit: For the glove box I recommend something bigger.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/23/17 01:04 PM

Wildman... I find the cloth knuckle band aids are much more useful than traditional ones, pack more... there are small wallet size packets of hemostatic gauze available...it won't be sterile anyway, repack a Kerlix gauze and vacuum seal it

USNERDOC has some pretty good ideas on youtube

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/27/17 06:29 PM

Very satisfied with the First Aid Kit Trauma Bag link removed. Of course, haven't used it yet, but based on reviews of the kit and the content, feel this is a good kit for a family smile

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/27/17 08:48 PM

Why was the link removed?

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/28/17 12:23 AM

I don't know but I can't find the video now when I searched for it. It showed infection and possible rejection issues.

Oops! Wrong thread for this reply!!!
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/28/17 12:28 AM

When a new member posts a link to a web store, including one that does profit sharing for links, I tend to remove them as probably forum spam.

chaosmagnet

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/28/17 05:15 PM

Yes ! Why was the link removed ! ?

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/28/17 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet

When a new member posts a link to a web store, including one that does profit sharing for links, I tend to remove them as probably forum spam.

chaosmagnet

WOW ! Then, no need to share !

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/28/17 06:08 PM

I did not make the connection until Chaos pointed it out. Often a person or bot would register to spam.

It is for this reason when others and I, when mentioning the name of a store or a product, end our post with a disclaimer stating we have no affiliation with what we just mentioned.

The following is a recent example of such a disclaimer:

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with CVS, the surplus store, Nexcare, p.a.w.s. or Curad.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/29/17 12:20 AM

Today I got two more first aid kits. The Curad first aid kit has a real finger splint, not a tongue depressor.

http://curad.com/product/complete-first-aid-kit/

The Rapid Care kit includes Water-Jel products.

I have no plans modifying these kits at this time.

Edit: I furthered examined both kits and I have nothing new to add regarding the Curad first aid kit except for the self-adhesive bandages: Except for the 2" x 4" strips, all self-adhesive are in one box, unorganized. I have seen kit manufacturers doing it this way before but never when there are as many as eleven different sizes. I don't see how a person can find the right size bandage without dumping out the entire box.

Upon further examination of the Rapid Care kit, I discovered another positive. The expiration dates of the limited life items are easy to find and easy to read. This is especially useful if you have to keep track of a lot of supplies. The drawbacks are the tape and scissors. The amount of tape provided is minimal. It's hard to determine if the amount is adequate for this kit. The scissors are as basic as it gets. They look like a smaller version of a pair of scissors in a kids' school supplies. Perhaps the only thing it is good at is cutting tape.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Curad, Rapid Care or Water-Jel.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/29/17 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: voyaginator
Yes ! Why was the link removed ! ?

I sent you a PM explaining.

chaosmagnet

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/29/17 01:15 AM

Why was the other member's post edited by me to remove a link, while this link was left intact?

The decision wasn't random or arbitrary. The link above is not monetized, it's posted by a veteran member with a long history of not spamming the forum, and her post included her own commentary to share with the rest of the forum beyond an expression of satisfaction with the purchase. The link I removed previously in this thread did not have those characteristics.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the policy or how I chose to enforce it in this case.

chaosmagnet

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 07/31/17 11:10 PM

Sometimes I get to use one of my first aid kits. A few minutes ago I managed to reinjure a finger that I don't know how it got injured in the first place.

When you have seven medium to large first aid kits, how do you decide which kit to use? I needed TAO (triple antibiotic ointment). In two of the kits, the TAO expired. Two other kits (one of which I built with surplus merchandise) never had any. That left me with three. I used the oldest of those three to rotate the stock.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/02/17 08:21 PM

I got more medical supplies today and learned two things: One, non-stick pads are not the same thing as non-adherent pads. Two, 2" medical tape does not work as well as the 1", not for me at least. I'll stick with the 1" tape from now on.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/03/17 03:38 AM

deleted, sorry to have imposed my thoughts

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/03/17 12:00 PM

I have my kits grouped by manufacturer: Adventure Medical Kits, TRI, Johnson & Johnson, Jeanette Isabelle, Curad and Rapid Care. Why do I need to consolidate them to one or a few?

If this is about thinking about which kit to use, I did not spend any time thinking about it. I knew which kit to use. It took more time to write about the decision process than it did to decide.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/04/17 12:38 AM

"One, non-stick pads are not the same thing as non-adherent pads."

What is the difference? Inquiring minds want to know....

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/04/17 12:42 AM

Non stick pads don't attach to the scab very well and I think non adherence pads have no adhesive areas like a bandaid does.....

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/04/17 12:56 AM

"One, non-stick pads are not the same thing as non-adherent pads."

What is the difference? Inquiring minds want to know....

The best way I know to answer your question is to explain how to use each of them. With the non-adherent pad, apply the pad to the wound, a 3" x 3" or 4" x 4" gauze on top of that and finally secure it with tape or gauze roll. With the non-stick pad, place the pad on the wound and then secure it with tape or gauze roll.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Pete

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/05/17 04:39 PM

i guess medical kits have become more advanced. or i got left behind.

I have no idea what a non-stick pad, or a non-adherend pad, is. I guess i am old-fashioned and i just put gauze on the wound.

but your topic is a good reminder to me
i need to get a better first aid kit. lately i have been working with more power tools in my home. it definitely increases the risk of an accident.

thanks, Pete

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/11/17 08:31 PM

I combined the Curad and Rapid Care first aid kits into one by first getting the Home & Vehicle Bag from Chinook Medical.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/item/01385RD/C-AD/%2DHome%2D%26%2DVehicle%2DBag

I used the gloves from the Curad kit and put them in the pocket designated for personal protection.

The cheap pair of scissors from the Rapid Care kit, plastic tweezers and a Medline digital thermometer go in the tools pocket.

I used a package of GoodSense moleskin for the wound and blister pocket. I included the 4" x4" gauze sponge, small, medium and fingertip self-adhesive bandages, 2" gauze roll, three antiseptic towelettes, three povidone-iodine prep pads, and ten cotton-tip applicators from the Rapid Care kit. Finally, I included the three 2" x 4" fabric bandages, eight 2" x 2" gauze pads, ten alcohol prep pads and a 0.5" x 5-yard roll of waterproof tape from the Curad kit.

For the immobilization pocket, I used the ice pack from the Rapid Care kit, finger splint from the Curad kit and a 3" Medline elastic bandage.

For now, I have five Water-Jel burn cream packets, one Water-Jel triple antibiotic ointments packet and three sting relief pads from the Rapid Care kit in the medications pocket.

The first aid guide from the Rapid Care kit goes in the front pocket of the medical bag.

I ordered additional medical supplies, they are on their way, and I will post an update when I get them.

Edit: I added a single unit of oral rehydration salts to the medications pocket.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Chinook Medical, Medline, Water-Jel or Rapid Care.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/11/17 09:14 PM

Most of our FAKs are designed around the situations we anticipate encountering. At least that is why so many seem to center around home situation boo-boos, with an emphasis on pain/headache relief and band-aid type dressings.

A great deal of my experience has been in the treatment of trauma, especially lower limb fractures and sprains (folks who have merely fractured an arm evidently self-ambulate) and that works better with a kit that has a lot of elastic bandages and items that can become splints.

Diagnosis and complete, hopefully competent patient survey is really critical in most of these trauma cases. You often see an obvious injury, with the bone protruding from the skin, but there are often, if not usually, other injuries which are less evident, like spinal damage and fracture.

FAKs should not only include the obvious sterile dressings, et al., in the clearly marked FAK, but also those items in the group which can utilized in a first aid capacity. Trekking poles can be the foundation of a perfectly adequate lower leg splint, for instance. The pliers on my multitool will remove cactus spines quite well. The red bandanna in my right left pocket can hold a dressing in place (and did so just a couple of months ago when the institutional kit with which I was working completely lacked any sort of wrapping items).

I like to carry about four band aids in my wallet. Most of the time the situation does not exceed the boo-boo level and you can pat the victim on the back, apply the band aid, and allow them to return to the job at hand (after you are satisfied that there is nothing more serious involved).

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/11/17 11:42 PM

The kit works better when I use all of the items from the Rapid Care kit, except for the roll of tape, and not use anything from the Curad kit. I threw away the roll of tape from the Rapid Care kit and replaced it with a roll of Curad 1" x 10-yard cloth tape.

As mentioned in the previous post I included a Medline digital thermometer, Medline 3" elastic bandage, a package of GoodSense moleskin and one unit of oral rehydration salts.

In the personal protection pocket, I have a pair of gloves in a zip-lock bag. The thermometer, scissors and plastic tweezers are in the tools pocket. The moleskin, 4" x 4" and 2" x 2" gauze pads, fifty-five medium size self-adhesive strips, ten small self-adhesive strips and three fingertip bandages, ten cotton-tip applicators, three antiseptic towelettes, three povidone-iodine prep pads and five burn cream packets are in the wound and blister pocket. The tongue depressors are in the immobilization pocket along with the elastic bandage and ice pack. The oral rehydration salts, the packet of triple antibiotic ointment and three sting relief pads are in the medications pocket. The roll of tape is in a pocket of its own.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/12/17 07:02 PM

With respect to power tool safety, here is an article on table saw safety which is somewhat disheartening:

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/10/542474093/...s-safer-drag-on

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/14/17 04:34 PM

Today at Sam's Club I bought another TRI first aid kit. I currently have three of them. Mom asked how many bodies I plan to patch up. There is no way for us to know.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/23/17 08:52 PM

I started with a Rapid Care first aid kit and put its contents in a Home & Vehicle bag.

http://www.chinookmed.com/01385rd/home-vehicle-bag.html

Today I added a biohazard waste bag, two emergency/survival blankets, a second respirator mask, 2" x 6" burn dressing, 0.25" x 4" wound closure strips, petroleum gauze, two triangular bandages, eye wash and hydration powder.

I plan to add a CPR mask. Then this project will be finished. The following is what I have thus far:

MEDICAL INFORMATION
(1) First Aid Guide

PERSONAL PROTECTION
(1) Biohazard Waste Bag
(2) Emergency/Survival Blanket
(2) Respirator Mask
(2) Nitrile Glove
(6) Personal Antimicrobial Wipe

BLEEDING
(1) Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"

WOUND / BLISTER / BURN
(1) Burn Dressing, 2" x 6"
(5) First Aid & Burn Cream, 0.9 g
(4) Moleskin
(55) 0.75" x 3" Self Adhesive Bandages
(3) Fingertip Self Adhesive Bandages
(1) Cloth Tape, 1" x 10 yds.
(1) Wound Closure Strips, 0.25" x 4"
(3) Antiseptic Towelettes
(3) Povidone-Iodine Prep Pad
(2) Benzoin Swabsticks
(1) Non-Adherent Dressing, 3" x 4"
(2) Petroleum Gauze, 3" x 9"
(10) Cotton-Tipped Applicator
(2) Sterile Gauze Pad, 4"x4"
(2) Sterile Gauze Pad, 2"x2"
(1) Gauze Roll, 2"

IMMOBILIZATION
(1) Cold Compress
(1) Elastic Bandage Wrap, 3" x 4.5 yds.
(2) Finger Splint
(2) Triangular Bandage

MEDICATION
(1) Eye Wash, 4 oz.
(6) Aspirin, 2/pk (Analgesic)
(6) Diamode, 1/pk (Anti-diarrheal)
(6) Diotame, 2/pk (Stomach)
(6) Diphen, 1/pk (Antihistamine)
(6) Ibuprofen, 2/pk (Anti-inflammatory)
(1) Triple Antibiotic Ointment, 0.9 g
(2) Hydration Powder
(3) Sting Relief Pad

INSTRUMENTS
(1) Irrigation Syringe, 60cc
(1) Digital Thermometer
(1) Scissors
(1) Tweezers
(1) Disposable Penlight

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/23/17 11:20 PM

Are you sure about the burn cream? My training nixed ointments and salves for 2nd and 3rd degree burns - water on 1st degree incidents. Apparently, the creamy stuff will have to be removed, causing unnecessary pain/discomfort for the patient. This advice seems to be still current - http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/thermal-heat-or-fire-burns-treatment#1

Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? - 08/24/17 01:26 AM

As stated, it is also a first aid ointment. Also said I took a first aid kit similar to the one in the link and made a larger one out of it.

http://www.rapidcarefirstaid.com/home/products/80060-sp-115/

As you see, it has five packets of that stuff. To make a larger kit out of one in the link, I needed to use as much as I could out of the original.

Jeanette Isabelle