Happy Mother's Day

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 01:21 PM

If I'm not mistaken, bacpacjac is the only active member who is a mother. Happy Mother's Day, bacpacjac.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 01:52 PM

Second the motion!
Posted by: Quietly_Learning

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 02:47 PM

X3!
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 02:54 PM

Mothers, at least my wife, likes fresh homemade breakfast and mimosas. Happy Mothers Day!
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 05:06 PM

Happy Mother's Day BPJ!

On a side note, I have been called a mother *&^%$#, does that make me a mother too?
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 05:41 PM

Montanero, you are not the only "mutha' on this forum, i'll wager...
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/14/17 05:51 PM

Happy Mother's Day BacPacJac!!!!
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/15/17 12:31 AM

I'm a chef so my MD was a 12 hour day of getting run over! But I did find five minutes to give my mom a call so I am at least not in the dog house. grin
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/17/17 12:25 PM

Ah! That's so thoughtful, Jeanette Isabelle. Thank you, all!

I hope you all had a great day with the special moms in your live too.

It was a great one this year. We spent the weekend at my mom's trailer, which we affectionately call "Camp Nana". There was a lot of work to do, and we got very little of it done, but everyone had a wonderful weekend. The highlight was our Saturday night campfire. It was a super fun family time - and backpackboy and I tried flint and steel for the first time, with some success. We're going again this weekend, and get an extra day this time. wink

Here's a video of our first flint and steel experience:

Here's the longer video of our campfire experience. I put the video camera away on Saturday night, and just enjoyed the rest of the weekend:

My Mother's Day gift from my kids was a Mora Eldris knife. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and I think I love it. wink

Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 05/17/17 03:40 PM

Awesome.