Checking In

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Checking In - 10/06/16 11:52 PM

It's 7:52 PM local time. I'm checking in. I don't need refills on my medications any time soon, we have plenty of food that does not require electricity and everything in the yard has been secured.

We had a warm up earlier; this will be my first rodeo.

I thought it would be a good idea for those in the affected area to check in when you are able. Let everyone else know what's going on and how you're doing.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Russ

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 01:02 AM

Good luck. Let us know how you fair on the other side.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 02:01 AM

Take care and be safe! Living in 'flyover country' I'd freak out if I had to deal with a hurricane (I'm squeamish enough about any water I can't see all the edges of as it is!).

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 02:59 AM

It's 10:59 PM and, other than a few drops of rain, no sign of anything. I'm ready to crawl into bed. I have one of several of my D-Cell LED MAG-LITEs and my cell phone, charged, by my bed.

I'll report in tomorrow morning if I can.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 11:46 AM

It's 7:46 AM and except for a drizzle, nothing has happened yet.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 12:31 PM

Stay safe everyone! Great idea for a thread, Jeanette. I'm glad you're prepared!!
Posted by: Russ

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 01:31 PM

Disappointed? Were you over-warned? Better safe than sorry...
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 02:29 PM

I really hope that the damage and casualties are less than expected. Best of luck to you, Jeanette_Isabelle, and everyone else in its path.

Re: Checking In - 10/07/16 02:56 PM

It's 10:56 AM. The winds are getting stronger. There are tree limbs in the road but no structural damage.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Checking In - 10/08/16 07:20 AM

I read on the news that it's downgraded to Cat 3. So hopefully it will blow itself out soon.