Single strand lanyard

Posted by: TonyE

Single strand lanyard - 09/05/16 06:34 PM

I got this idea from a Stormdrane (paracordist extraordinaire) post. I made two lops with a single strand and tied the ends together with a 4 bight, 3 lead TH knot. The loops can be made any size. Here is a wrist size (or belt size). This is a prototype made with the shoelace I always carry with me. The completed lanyard will have the ends trimmed and buried in the knot

Re: Single strand lanyard - 09/05/16 09:02 PM

Single strand wrist and neck lanyards

Re: Single strand lanyard - 09/06/16 10:12 PM

Single Strand Lanyard Tutorial

Re: Single strand lanyard - 09/07/16 04:27 PM

single strand lanyard adjustable loops

If the single strand lanyard knot is tied without the overhand knot to lock it in place, the knot will slide on the cord to give adjustable size loops. This works best in natural material such as this cotton sash cord. Paracord and other synthetic material is too slippery for the knot to stay in place. This shows what I think of when I have trouble falling asleep.

Re: Single strand lanyard - 09/07/16 09:53 PM

I already found a couple of uses for the sliding loop lanyard. My wife has requests for many more.
Hang brooms by the handle to keep the bristles off the floor and stop them from falling over

Hang a flashlight so you know where it is

Re: Single strand lanyard - 09/08/16 02:11 PM

For another approach to the single strand lanyard try
The fiador knot is used to make bridles for horses. It has other uses as well. There is one upper loop and two lower loops that can be made any size. It can be hung from a belt or any appropriate place. The sliding knots I added to the lower example clamp down snugly on flashlight, water bottle, or whatever.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TBwr4Ov.jpg?1[/img]

fiador knot gear carrier tutorial