Time to brag.

Posted by: MoBOB

Time to brag. - 03/20/13 04:57 AM

Hey everyone,

I am going to brag about my 20 yr-old son for a little bit.

He just released his debut album. It is a mix of styles. He plays all the guitars, bass, and keyboards. He modeled the drums from a software package. Here is the coolest thing: He has only been playing guitar for a little over 3 years and is totally self-taught. He is an incredible young man. The album is one of those music sites for aspiring musicians. There is no fee for the music, but donations are greatly appreciated. I would have posted the link but I did not want to violate the rules.

MoBOB - Happy and proud.

Update: mod gave go ahead for site link
http://duncantaylor.bandcamp.com/
Posted by: leemann

Re: Time to brag. - 03/20/13 06:53 AM

Cool way to go. cool
Posted by: widget

Re: Time to brag. - 03/20/13 03:37 PM

That is something to be proud of, congratulations and best wishes for success.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 04:35 AM

Awesome!! Sounds like something worth bragging about.
-Blast
Posted by: spuds

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 04:53 AM

I was hoping for a youtube link.

Sounds like very good news.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 12:24 PM

You may post the link.

chaosmagnet

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 03:42 PM

chaosmagnet - thanks for the go ahead on the site link.

http://duncantaylor.bandcamp.com/
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 05:50 PM

Very cool MoBOB! Thanks!
Posted by: spuds

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 06:25 PM

Per the wife "He's really good"
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Time to brag. - 03/21/13 07:14 PM

Agreed, he shows a lot of skill and polish.
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: Time to brag. - 03/29/13 07:14 PM

OK ok, I'm going to brag too! smile I don't have any kids of my own but I see no reason why I can't give out kudos!

My 26 yr nephew has finally achieved his goal -- he is now a City of Calgary firefighter. Long process for him. I first suggested that he get some forest firefighter experience about 5 years ago since he declared his wishes. So for 4 seasons, he signed up with northern Alberta fire fighting, got his EMR training and got on the Helitak rappel team (they are the first guys on the scene, fly in by chopper, rappel in with 80 lbs packs and do the grunt work on the ground). He was was one of the teams hitting the Slave Lake fire that destroyed half the town a couple years ago.

About a year and half ago he finally got started on the process for the City. Firefighter Selection Process. The application process took him over 12 months including rigorous interviews, lie-detector, physical tests, driver training, medical upgrading, etc.) He was accepted as a recruit trainee just before Christmas. And now he passed his training and is now officially on the force! He is still probationary for the next year but he's celebrating. His Grandpa used to be a voluntary FF for a small town and would love nothing better than to be the one to pin his badge on him at his graduating ceremony! I guess the genes run deep in the family. smile
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: Time to brag. - 03/29/13 08:38 PM

Congratulations to your nephew!

Pete
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Time to brag. - 03/29/13 08:58 PM

Congratulations indeed! He has chosen a demanding and rewarding profession.

Re: Time to brag. - 03/30/13 02:47 PM

Roarmeister: Congratulations to your nephew!! I am sure you have and will treat him to a hearty dinner for his accomplishments and service to his community. Pass along a HUGE congratulations to him from me.