New Flashlight Cheap

Posted by: leemann

New Flashlight Cheap - 03/03/13 09:10 AM

Just got 2 of these cheap. flashlight
Usual disclaimers ect.
Lee
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: New Flashlight Cheap - 03/03/13 10:11 AM

Do you mean you already got them or they're on the way? Curious how you like them, they look pretty good.
Posted by: ireckon

Re: New Flashlight Cheap - 03/03/13 02:59 PM

It looks good with good reviews. It seems like a great deal for somebody on a budget who needs that much light.

Unfortunately, 3 C batteries make it a deal breaker for me. These flashlights that require many batteries remind me of my old Mag light that was cool at first but realistically just collected dust because of the 4 D batts it required.
Posted by: leemann

Re: New Flashlight Cheap - 03/03/13 09:05 PM

Bought them yesterday local store, they were out last week very bright and I like and it has some weight which is'nt bad.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: New Flashlight Cheap - 03/04/13 06:38 AM

My Pelican Nemo 2010 is also 3 x C-cell. It's about as big a light as I have a use for. It's waterproof to several hundred feet and explosive environment rated, too (although I don't remember to what level). The "Recoil" system fires the emitter backward into a reflector that focuses the light and sends it out the front. When I bought it I was amazed at how bright it was but it was the first decent LED light I'd ever seen! blush Of course by today's standards it's not all that bright (I mean compared to a Surefire, etc.) but it's plenty bright for anything besides "tactical" use. The big draw of the Nemo 2010, aside from being waterproof, is the battery life. It claims something like 30-40 hours, and I've been using the same set of batteries for maybe four years in the thing and it's still going strong.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: New Flashlight Cheap - 03/04/13 01:14 PM

You will probably need some decent Cells to run those XM-L emitters. Using Alkaline cells even good ones such as Duracell Procells will still only get you about 60 minutes runtime @ 500 Lumen.