Dave Brubeck has passed away.

Posted by: Phaedrus

Dave Brubeck has passed away. - 12/05/12 09:29 PM

Getting older sucks! eek One of my heroes, jazz pianist and composer David Brubeck just passed away. He had quite a career! Many decades of great music. R.I.P. Mr. Brubeck.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Dave Brubeck has passed away. - 12/05/12 10:22 PM

That is very sad to hear about David Brubeck.

Jazz wasn't really my thing though, but he had a great career before music was ruined by the vocoder and X-factor. wink
Posted by: acropolis5

Re: Dave Brubeck has passed away. - 12/06/12 05:25 AM

He was one of the geat jazz innovators . He and his quartet, especially the artistry of Paul Desmond and the rhythmic coordination of Joe Morello, enabled the unique sound and time signatures originated by that band. For you younger folks or non jazz fans, buy the albums Time Out and Time Futher Out and prepare to be astounded. Pleasing , seemingly simple music that is so complicated in time signature that you will not be able to tap your foot to the back beat! The only SRO ticket that I ever bought was to hear him perform. He and Joe will be missed.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Dave Brubeck has passed away. - 12/06/12 08:59 AM

He was such a monumental influence on so many of the musicians that followed him, both jazz and pop. He'll be greatly missed.
Posted by: banthony1

Re: Dave Brubeck has passed away. - 12/06/12 04:41 PM

Dave Brubeck's recording Time Out which featured the classic hit Take Five is one of the top Jazz recordings of all time, in fact, one of the top recordings of all music genre.
Posted by: spuds

Re: Dave Brubeck has passed away. - 12/06/12 04:45 PM

Take Five,that is a classic for sure,didnt know name,heard it a billion times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs