What a great lunch today!

Posted by: aloha

What a great lunch today! - 01/05/12 08:07 AM

Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/05/12 01:14 PM

It's 8 AM here and now I'm starving with a craving for sushi. Thanks Aloha!
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/05/12 03:31 PM

Did I see Wasabi? Yum just not to much or I'll be looking for a waterfall (Cars 2)
Posted by: Russ

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/05/12 04:01 PM

The wasabi usually comes on the side with ginger root -- good stuff. cool Is that Green Tea ice cream is that in the last pic?

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/05/12 06:03 PM

Wasabi got cut off in the picture. The last pic was green tea ice cream.

They often give me the tofu dish and the green tea ice cream for free!
Posted by: Richlacal

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/06/12 04:44 AM

In the 2nd pic. there is a smidgen of Wasabi to the far left,hopefully you mix it with the soysauce to dunk the sashimi rolls into,& Not just green tea ice cream those are Roasted macadamia's riding along! Awesome stuff!
Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/06/12 12:08 PM

I'm going to have to get out more. I don't think I made a single positive ID on any item in the photos.

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/06/12 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
I'm going to have to get out more. I don't think I made a single positive ID on any item in the photos.

Top pic: agedashi tofu

2nd pic: sashimi - hamachi (yellowtail), maguro (tuna), sake (salmon), ika (squid) and hard to see veggies - daikon (turnip), chiso (perilla), seaweed, radish sprouts, onion

3rd pic: sushi - ikuri (salmon roe), unagi (saltwater eel), spicy tuna, hamachi, sake, maguro

4th pic: abalone

5th pic: green tea ice cream with roasted peanuts
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/06/12 08:03 PM

Ya know Aloha, you keep making me hungry. Sushi's on the family meal plan tonight and I'm seriously thinking about putting forward a motion to add an edibles section to ETS. Between to chefs and Blast's wild edibles, I think we could do it justice. wink
Posted by: Hikin_Jim

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/06/12 11:53 PM

Tell me that was all prepared at a camp site and I'll really be impressed. wink

Looks like a heck of a feast.

HJ

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/07/12 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Ya know Aloha, you keep making me hungry. Sushi's on the family meal plan tonight and I'm seriously thinking about putting forward a motion to add an edibles section to ETS. Between to chefs and Blast's wild edibles, I think we could do it justice. wink

Sounds good to me. Gotta eat to survive.

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/07/12 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
Tell me that was all prepared at a camp site and I'll really be impressed. wink

Looks like a heck of a feast.

HJ

HJ, I actually have prepared sashimi, sushi, and poke at the camp site. It goes faster than I can make em. And that's just the kids eating. We poor adults gotta wait.
Posted by: Bingley

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/07/12 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: aloha
HJ, I actually have prepared sashimi, sushi, and poke at the camp site. It goes faster than I can make em. And that's just the kids eating. We poor adults gotta wait.

Oh, yeah, poke. Hmm hmm hmm. Delicious. Did you catch the fish? That would be even more impressive: catch the fish, make poke/sashimi/sushi, use the right stove to make agedashi tofu.
Posted by: Richlacal

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/07/12 05:03 AM

Man! I'd be happy to eat out of a trashcan,as long as I was in Hawaii doing it!

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/07/12 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Bingley
Originally Posted By: aloha

Oh, yeah, poke. Hmm hmm hmm. Delicious. Did you catch the fish? That would be even more impressive: catch the fish, make poke/sashimi/sushi, use the right stove to make agedashi tofu.

Bought the fish for camp. But we have caught and cooked our food for camp before. And at camp, I like cooking in the camp fire bed of coals.

But when I was single, went spearfishing on Molokai, caught the fish, brought it back and cooked it for a romantic dinner with a girl I was dating. Major, um, points scored there!! Cooking a nice meal always works. How I got my wife hooked when we were first dating. My wife to my daughters New Years Day after I cooked for my in-laws and my folks, "Your dad can fight (I don't fight, just do martial arts), AND cook good, AND do outdoors stuff, AND have his own business...SEXY!" What a great wife, huh?

My daughters (and wife) loves daddy's cooking. For New Years, I made steak on a kiawe wood fire and smoked some salmon. It was good. My 7 year old liked the steak so much, she ate more than I did. She ate an good adult portion! The next day at dinner, she said, "Dad, I want the salmon for dinner." I hated to disappoint her but had to tell her that the salmon I made was all gone and she can't just tell me at dinner time and expect to have it. Their dates are going to have a hard time because they like good food and are not cheap dates. Just doing my job to help their future selection process.

Re: What a great lunch today! - 01/07/12 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Richlacal
Man! I'd be happy to eat out of a trashcan,as long as I was in Hawaii doing it!

Come and visit! But eating out of a trashcan is probably overrated.