Does anybody here like to cook & hunt?

Posted by: Roarmeister

Does anybody here like to cook & hunt? - 01/05/12 02:19 AM

Then there's a website for you to explore. A new cookbook for those who dabble in the great outdoors and want to fancy up their cooking methods on everything from morels to blue grouse to squirrel to bison. Check out the receipe section.
Girl Hunter

Suppose you are out plucking a few rabbits for a simple stew, well how about mixing/livening it up with olives and preserved lemon?
Braised Rabbit

"Georgia Pellegrini has viewed herself as an adventurous meat eater for years. The classically trained chef would never shy away from the strange cuts and unusual parts she’d find at outdoor markets and Asian butchers.

And then one day, while Pellegrini was working at the farm-to-table restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns in New York, the head chef gave her an unexpected assignment: slaughter five turkeys for that night’s dinner.

Her first reaction was paralysis, followed by a serious contemplation of life as a vegetarian. Ultimately, though, she and some other cooks held the turkeys down, cut their windpipes, dunked them in boiling water, plucked their feathers, gutted them and prepared every edible part of each bird.

“This switch in me sort of flipped,” Pellegrini, 30, told TODAY.com. “It really clicked for me that this is what has to happen for the turkey to get to my plate. ... It was intense, emotional and a little bit scary. But I realized that if I’m going to be a chef and a meat eater ... I needed to experience it from beginning to end.”
Girl Hunter article from MSNBC
Posted by: Bingley

Re: Does anybody here like to cook & hunt? - 01/05/12 02:36 AM

You forgot to mention how cute she is. I'm sure there are plenty of hunting women, but she's the one I'd like to hunt with.
Posted by: ireckon

Re: Does anybody here like to cook & hunt? - 01/05/12 02:51 AM

"I left finance at Lehman Brothers and traded in my laptop for a set of knives..."

http://youtu.be/WdNCNj98FlE