Multi-tool Suggestions

Posted by: bacpacjac

Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 09:59 PM

I'm kicking myself today because I saw a Leatherman Charge at a second-hand store before Christmas for $35 and I didn't buy it. (Note to self: buy it next even if it is 2 days before Christmas.) I went back today but of course it was gone.

DS is ready for a multi-tool and I thought I'd upgrade and give him my Wave. No such luck but they did have this Stanley for $5. It doesn't lock but he really just wants the pilars right now, for lifting pots out of the fire, and maybe the can and bottle opener. It'll do until his birthday in July.

I'm thinking a Wave or the new Gerber Crucial. Any suggestions?

(See Teslinhiker's link below. New tablet - sorry!)
Posted by: Teslinhiker

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 10:10 PM

That Stanley in the link looks like the same as a friends 10yr old has. Nothing wrong with it for a first multi-tool and will do fine for your son until his birthday.

BTW, you or a MOD need to fix the link in your post!

Here is the shortened version

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 10:29 PM

Thanks Teslinhiker. I'm still working out the kinks with my new tablet. Sorry!

The only thing I don't like about the Stanley is that the blades don't lock. It' seems lighter than my Wave and has a nice contour that fits his hand well.
Posted by: Teslinhiker

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
...Don't get him anything Gerber. If you want to know why we can PM. Those knives (if you can even call them that) do not belong in the hands of a child for a variety of reasons.

I agree. I know someone who bought a Gerber multi-tool for his young teenage son and it was almost impossible to close the blade without serious risk of loosing a finger or two...
Posted by: Eugene

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 11:03 PM

Mine is going to be 6 in Jan, I was thinking about the knifeless fuse so if he were to carry it to school or something it should be safer.
Posted by: jzmtl

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 11:20 PM

The leatherman wingman for $25 at home depot is one of the best deal on the market right now. Dunno if they still have it, MEC has it too for a few bucks more.

Gerbers are fine, many people are prejudiced against the brand but they have good and bad models, the classic slide head 400/600 are solid, if not very ergonomic. Go to multitool.org if you want to find out more about them.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/29/11 11:59 PM

Thanks guys! I'm going to go have a look at the Wingman and Fuse. I love my Wave and Kick.

Thanks for the amazon tip Izzy. I know how you feel about Gerbers. I've read a few good reviews of the Crucial but for $60... ? I'll put my money on Leatherman every time even at double the cost.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:12 AM

We have a brand new Sail store in town and they have a very nice looking hands-on knife display that's been calling my name. wink

Canadian Tire has a Schrade with small folder on sale this week. I've heard good things about Schrade but have no personal experience. The multitool has a smaller profile that looks like it would be good for little hands but looks really flimsy. It doesn't look stable enough to use the blades inside safely. Has anyone used one? (I don't really want to buy something we can't hold in our hands first anyway.)
Posted by: Mark_M

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:18 AM

If you like the design and features of the Gerber Crucial, check out the Leatherman Skeltool or Skeltool CX. For a long time the CX was my EDC, but replaced about a year ago for Victorinox Compact to save pocket bulk and weight.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:24 AM

Thanks Mark! I'll add Skeltools to my, umm, research list.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:34 AM

I have a collection of multitools, mostly made by Leatherman. I'd agree that the Wingman is a good starter multi, but for myself I prefer the Sidekick in that role. There's nothing close to as good at its price point, in my opinion.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:36 AM

The LM Fuse is my Go-To multi-tool simply based on size, cost and simplicity. The LM Kick is good, but the tools don't lock and it rattles in the slightly oversized leather sheath (which appears to be the same size as the Fuse sheath).

To bad you passed up on the LM Charge, I really like the Charge TTi -- very nice tool. But it's a tad heavier due to a lot of tools I never use, hence my preference of the Fuse.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Thanks Mark! I'll add Skeltools to my, umm, research list.

That's the ticket. I own over a dozen multi-tools. Strictly for research! Lol

But apparently my research is dated. I don't know some of the new models being discussed. Maybe that means my objective has been reached?
Posted by: UTAlumnus

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:53 AM

Does Sail carry either of the Victorinox Swisstool styles? The newer Spirits are shaped more like a pair of pliers. Both are solidly constructed but the original Swisstools are SOLID but larger. I've got both and currently EDC the original.
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 12:56 AM

Jackie....it might help if you would determine what tools in addition to the pliers you deem necessary....

knife (large or small)
file
saw blade
awl
scissors
can opener
Phillips screwdriver
flat screwdriver
scraper
wire stripper

Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 01:02 AM

Canadian Tire has a Schrade with small folder on sale this week. I've heard good things about Schrade but have no personal experience. The multitool has a smaller profile that looks like it would be good for little hands but looks really flimsy. It doesn't look stable enough to use the blades inside safely. Has anyone used one?

The original U.S. made Schrade multitool was a very robust item. But Schrade went under some years ago, and the name was bought by another company. The general consensus is that it is a shadow of its former self; the quality isn't there anymore. Avoid.

I had a look at the Sidekick and Wingman at Home Depot. I haven't had a chance to test them, but they look like great value for the money. Personally, I would choose the Sidekick: a saw is an indispensable item.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 01:06 AM

Haha! You guys are a bad influence in a good way. :0.

[I've now got 3 Leatherman multis, 2 Gerbers multis, an SAK multi, 4 SAKs and about a half dozen folders of CRKT Buck, Leatherman and Gerber origin, along with 2 of my Grandpa's old pen knives. Hubby and I gave each other and our male wedding party members CRKT folders when we got married 8.5 yr ago, we gave the same group Waves for our anniversary a few years ago. I now have to physically stop myself from buying new gear. "Oh look! That SOG multi 8s on sale AND comes with a folder! (Oh! And look at that flashlight... and the pack! Isnthat a Maxpedition? OMG They've got AMK stuff too! " And I say I don't like shopping. LOL! GOOD BAD INFLUENCES!!]

I stopped at the surplus store tonight to buy paintballs. (We bought DS and my nephew their 1st paintball guns for Christmas and the gift giving happens tomorow night.) The guy at the counter knows me by name now. He told the new guy not to try to upsell me and then turned around and asked me how if I need a new knife. LOL!

I upped the ante on him, saying "no" and then asking him if he had a blast match. He'd never heard of it but new guy had had so they've ordered a few.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 01:51 AM

We have a brand new Sail store in town and they have a very nice looking hands-on knife display that's been calling my name. wink

Canadian Tire has a Schrade with small folder on sale this week. I've heard good things about Schrade but have no personal experience. The multitool has a smaller profile that looks like it would be good for little hands but looks really flimsy. It doesn't look stable enough to use the blades inside safely. Has anyone used one? (I don't really want to buy something we can't hold in our hands first anyway.)

No no no no no no no, Schrade name is now owned by taylor cutlery, which is famous for buying crap from lowest bidder and stamp one of their brand on it. Unlike Gerber they really do deserve their bad rep 100%.

Sail's price isn't cheap, you may be disappointed. I guess you are around TO, S&R knives is a good place to go, I've heard bring cash tend to get you better deals (never been there, but bought quite a few from their ebay store).

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 02:00 AM

Thanks jtmtl! I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw it!
Posted by: airballrad

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: jzmtl
Go to multitool.org if you want to find out more about them.

If you can list the tools you want in a multi, and you want more information that you ever wanted about what to choose, do this. Just be warned. Not only is it another forum to get sucked into, but you'll end up lusting for multitools you never knew existed.

grin
Posted by: JBMat

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 07:56 PM

Got a Wingman from sister for Christmas. I like the fact it has the one handed opener on the outside, so I don't unfold the entire tool, plus it locks. Scissors are eh, not spring loaded. Rest of tool is decent for work, plus it clips on my belt or in my pocket, a plus.

Thumbs up.

Btw, I've owned a LM since they first came out. My original rides in DWs glove box.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: JBMat
Scissors are eh, not spring loaded.

It should be.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 08:22 PM

My original Leatherman rides in my glove box.

Doh!! smile That's a Supertool 200 in the glovebox. My original PST is in storage.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 08:53 PM

There's a story going around the interwebz that a guy went to an estate sale. Found a box of Leathermans (Variety of tools, I assume) and paid 5 bucks for them. He then sent them into Leatherman, which honored their warranty, and since the tools were out of production...they sent him a brand new model for each old model he sent in. So for 5 bucks he got like 1,000 dollars worth of Multi-Tools.

If it's true I imagine Tim Leatherman probably was like ".....Well played, Sir. Well played. Give into his demands."

I don't know whether or not the story is true but there's no doubt in my mind that Leatherman would honor the warranty in a situation like this.

For myself I've only had one warranty claim with LM; the file on my PS4 snapped. I had a new one seven days exactly after I dropped the old one in the mailbox.

I still have their first-run PST, and it's still going strong. I snapped the tip off the small screwdriver doing something I shouldn't have when I was a sprout. After touching it up with a file it worked just fine and I've kept it that way.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 09:24 PM

I also have a first generation PST, along with several later L tools. The PST is definitely a classic and it is lighter than any of its successors; sometimes that can be significant. I generally am comfortable with the heavier Wave.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 09:54 PM

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I should have bought that Leatherman when I saw it. I should change my nic to Dumbdumbjac!

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/30/11 11:31 PM

This thread made me start thinking about that Original LM so I started digging and found it right I put it who knows when. It isn't stamped "PST", it just says "LEATHERMAN TOOL". I wonder when the PST nomenclature was added; probably about the time Mr. Leatherman decided there would be more than one model. After all these years I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it at how smooth it felt -- very nicely fitted/polished. The Fuse is nice but a bit gritty in comparison.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Russ
This thread made me start thinking about that Original LM so I started digging and found it right I put it who knows when. It isn't stamped "PST", it just says "LEATHERMAN TOOL". I wonder when the PST nomenclature was added; probably about the time Mr. Leatherman decided there would be more than one model. After all these years I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it at how smooth it felt -- very nicely fitted/polished. The Fuse is nice but a bit gritty in comparison.

At the time I bought mine, Leatherman called it the "Leatherman Tool" and the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog called it a Pocket Survival Tool. I think it's possible that the PSK nomenclature came from them.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 01:35 AM

Yep, the wikipedia Leatherman page refers to the original as a Pocket Survival Tool, hence PST.
Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 01:43 AM

Be careful of the collector value of older models. The older Leathermans were stamped USA on the pliers. The newer models are not.

Here's a link to some interesting information on PST

http://www.smartknives.com/Leatherman-Multi-Tools/Leatherman-PST-Original.htm

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 02:22 AM

Lotsa subtle variations. As I recall I purchased mine is a 1996, definitely mid-90's vintage -- USA stamped on pliers, L shaped screwdrivers, no wire cutter notch and TM number on one arm. I rarely concern myself with that level of detail.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 03:55 AM

I think I currently have that same, or very similar model. I bought my first L-tool about 1985, just as I relocated from Arizona to California, walking into my first REI retail store...

So, someday soon, we can sell these valuable artifacts and retire to a life of luxury?
Posted by: Richlacal

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 07:49 AM

I've had the LM-Crunch for about 5 yrs now,I can't see going back to the non-lockers anytime soon,short of losing this one of course.It is more expensive than most LM's,but has been extemely practical for everything!
Posted by: JBMat

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 01:13 PM

So I'm sitting here with my original LM. It has Leatherman USA on the pliers. Only says Leatherman Tool, a US Patent number and Portland OR on one arm of the tool. The screwdrivers are L shaped. To the best of my recollection, I bought this mail order from BQM while I was stationed in Germany, so probably 86/87 time frame. It's a little worse for wear, but can still be used. Did I hit the lottery?

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 02:04 PM

I wonder just how many of the original PST's are still in service? Leatherman made and sold a lot of the original, and then they got big.

I don't know about the lottery, but when I pass on someone will probably buy a box of junk for $5 and find a collection. If whoever gets my stuff doesn't take the time to find out what they have, too bad. Someone who appreciates them will.

Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 12/31/11 02:21 PM

I have carried one Leatherman or another on my belt for almost 20 years, so over time I have aquired several of the models.

I have settled on two that fit my needs: the Supertool 200, and the Wave original model....I have a new Wave also, but like the old one better, just a personal preference. I carry the ST 200 only when I am in remote areas, as it has the necessary tools and is more robust but much heavier than the Wave.

With a little luck and shrewd research, there are still great bargains to be had on eBay. You really have to study the pictures, and avoid any that don't have detailed shots, or those who post the pictures from the Leatherman site. You also need to look for the bane of all vintage knives: broken and reshaped knife or tool tips and grinder marks or heat blueing.

The tools will be with us forever, but the original leather sheaths are starting to get rare. A good one can affect the price. I bought a couple of extra sheaths while they are still availble and tucked them away.

Bottom line: There are no bad Leathermans. Buy any one of them in good condition with a decent sheath and take reasonable care of it, and you will have an heirloom quality tool.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 03:20 AM

I just got a $100 American Express Card for my birthday (Yes, it was yesterday.) I might give one of Victorinox's models a try. Spirit X maybe.

Happiest of happy birthdays Izzy!

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: UTAlumnus
Does Sail carry either of the Victorinox Swisstool styles? The newer Spirits are shaped more like a pair of pliers. Both are solidly constructed but the original Swisstools are SOLID but larger. I've got both and currently EDC the original.

I've never liked the screwdrivers on any SAK. For whatever reason, it seems the edges come from the factory rounded-off. Makes it very difficult to use on stubborn screws. I'm happy to EDC a Vic Compact, but reach for a LM or a real screwdriver to turn screws.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Russ
The LM Fuse is my Go-To multi-tool simply based on size, cost and simplicity. The LM Kick is good, but the tools don't lock and it rattles in the slightly oversized leather sheath (which appears to be the same size as the Fuse sheath).

To bad you passed up on the LM Charge, I really like the Charge TTi -- very nice tool. But it's a tad heavier due to a lot of tools I never use, hence my preference of the Fuse.

Agreed on all counds Russ. The Kick is ok but I prefer locking blades. I passed on the Chartge because it was so close to Christmas and because it was a little heavy for my liking. I don't think it would be edc for me, it's too big for DS, but would make a nice addition to a kit.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
Jackie....it might help if you would determine what tools in addition to the pliers you deem necessary....

knife (large or small)
file
saw blade
awl
scissors
can opener
Phillips screwdriver
flat screwdriver
scraper
wire stripper

Les, at this point (8 yo) I think he's going to use it for tinkering so the priority is probably going to be:

Pilars
Screwdrivers
Scissors
Saw
Can opener
Bottle opener
Knife
File
Awl

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 05:42 PM

...Agreed on all counts Russ. The Kick is ok but I prefer locking blades. I passed on the Charge because it was so close to Christmas and because it was a little heavy for my liking. I don't think it would be edc for me, it's too big for DS, but would make a nice addition to a kit.
Yep. My TTi sits at the bottom of my EDC backpack as a just-in-case. Too heavy and pricey to use and risk being lifted, but too useful to leave in a drawer at home. The LM Fuse (the with knife version) has useful tools -- not every tool for every situation, but the few tools that are useful in many situations -- at this point I've used all of them. Outside a survival/emergency situation, I don't see much use for the 3" wood saw or 3" file found on many of the larger MT's, and any drivers or bits not an actual part of the tool will just get lost.
Posted by: Paul810

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 10:14 PM

The Sidekick and the Wingman are considered entry level tools. I've got a sidekick and I like it, but I'd never replace my Wave or Charge with it. It's obvious that those tools are a step above, which is why you pay more for them.
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/01/12 10:33 PM

afteraction report on my new Leatherman Juice S2... I'm happy to report that it performed admirably today, cracking blue crab claws (I usually cut both sides of the claws with a blade, but didn't want to damage the table with an oops)... also included were corn on the cob, shrimp, kelbasa, and red potatoes...along with hush puppies and key lime pie (my contribution)... smile
Posted by: UTAlumnus

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/02/12 01:40 AM

If you have the chance, check the edges on the original SwissTool. To me, they are better than the ones on the end of the bottle opener on a SAK. The Plus model also has the bit wrench. Do the newer LM's use real screwdriver bits or the proprietary flat bits from a few years ago?
Posted by: GradyT34

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/02/12 06:45 AM

Both of Victorinox's (Swiss made) multi-tools (the Spirit and the SwissTool) are, in my view, as good as they get. I presently carry the SwissTool.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: GradyT34
Both of Victorinox's (Swiss made) multi-tools (the Spirit and the SwissTool) are, in my view, as good as they get. I presently carry the SwissTool.

Victorinox is added to the list. Thanks gang!!

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 02:38 AM

I think I'm up to around 40 multi-tools now. These things can be addicting to collect. smile
Posted by: AKSAR

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul810
I think I'm up to around 40 multi-tools now. These things can be addicting to collect. smile
Have you sought professional help for this addiction? Or perhaps a support group? wink

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: AKSAR
Have you sought professional help for this addiction? Or perhaps a support group? wink

Does AKTI count? whistle

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 01:13 PM

While I collect Leathermans, the one Victorinox Swiss Tool I have is extremely robust and well-made.
Posted by: Finn

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 03:28 PM

I have been looking at the Gerber Cricial and now have cause to re-think the whole thing. I need to replace my EDC tool in the next few months.

Thanks for all the great info!
Posted by: GauchoViejo

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 03:42 PM

I need help with my Leatherman Wave. I have to disassemble it for cleaning but I can't find a suitable screwdriver bit. Apparently they are not available locally. Can anyone tell me the exact description of the bit and where can I get it in the net? Your input will be highly appreciated.
Posted by: Denis

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
I know someone who bought a Gerber multi-tool for his young teenage son and it was almost impossible to close the blade without serious risk of loosing a finger or two...

I think that depends on the model, my son (12) has a Gerber Octane and I haven't encountered any problems using any of the tools and he is quite happy with it (plus he likes the one-hand opening pliers). On the other hand, a friend of mine just got the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool and I found some of the tools were noticeably more difficult to use.

Personally, I like the minimalist aspect of the Skeletool and, if I needed to buy a new EDC tool again today I'd stick with the Skeletool for my needs.
Posted by: GauchoViejo

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 04:48 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'm afraid I can't send it to the US, as I live in Argentina. I tried to buy Torx bits but the ones that are available do not have a center hole. I'll try to get a set in ebay.
Posted by: airballrad

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: GauchoViejo
Thanks for the tip. I'm afraid I can't send it to the US, as I live in Argentina. I tried to buy Torx bits but the ones that are available do not have a center hole. I'll try to get a set in ebay.

Here is the information for the local distributor. They will honor the warranty:
http://www.leatherman.com/find-store/int.asp?country=ARGENTINA

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 06:43 PM

Could you clean it by simply dunking it in boiling water, then air drying and lubricating?

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: GauchoViejo
I need help with my Leatherman Wave. I have to disassemble it for cleaning but I can't find a suitable screwdriver bit. Apparently they are not available locally. Can anyone tell me the exact description of the bit and where can I get it in the net? Your input will be highly appreciated.

You can certainly sent it in to Leatherman as others have suggested; in your shoes I would expect excellent service from them.

When I've needed to clean my Leatherman tools, I've used copious amounts of clean water followed by careful lubrication (almost any decent lubricant will do but I use Tuf-Cloth and Tuf-Glide). I've been able to work out all kinds of nasty things by working the blades carefully under running water or in a basin of clean water. A bit of dish soap may help. If there's visible corrosion, use some steel wool and scrub it off.

I have no affiliation with Sentry Solutions or Leatherman other than as a customer.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 07:16 PM

The swiss tool/spirit are well made tools, but their big downside is the high polish surface is very slippery when your hands are wet or oily.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: jzmtl
The swiss tool/spirit are well made tools, but their big downside is the high polish surface is very slippery when your hands are wet or oily.

That's always been one of my gripes with Victorinox. They love everything to be a near mirror polish. It makes the tools look great (and I'm sure helps with corrosion resistance), but can make both the tool itself and the screwdriver bits slippery.

My other gripe was that Victorinox didn't seem to understand the benefit of one-handed opening blades, but they slowly seem to be getting it. Unfortunately not in the pliers-based multitool line yet, though.

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/03/12 10:52 PM

There are those in the SAK collecting community that are furious over the decision to make the 111mm (Trekker, Forrester, etc, etc) into one handed openers with liner locks.

That's because half of them would replace the slide-lock scale with a regular scale, removing the lock completely. Can't do that with the liner-lock. grin

Personally, I couldn't stand the old slide lock. I never found it to be a reliable locking mechanism. When they came out with the linerlock models, I bought one of them and couldn't have been happier. Then when they came out with the one-handed liner-lock models, I bought a one-handed Trailmaster (now Trekker?). IMO, the best SAK they ever made (though I never really liked the serrations, so I ground them off, which also made for a much nicer point).

When they came out with that one-handed Trailmaster, I can remember thinking to myself....this should be the new Soldier's knife. Sure enough, I just bought myself a new Soldiers knife....which is just a Trailmaster with different scales and no tweezers/toothpick. laugh
Posted by: Kuzushi

Re: Multi-tool Suggestions - 01/06/12 10:08 PM

I disassembled my surge without the help of a security bit. I foud it was rather easy to knockout the security pin with a small flathead screwdriver then just use a standard torx bit.
YMMV