Merry Christmas!

Posted by: MoBOB

Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 04:28 PM

Merry Christmas everyone. It has been another great year on the Forum. I know I have learned so much; that is a gift that is truly priceless. I hope all of you have a great day with your loved ones.

Doug, I want to specially thank you for fighting the good fight. Have a great Christmas!!
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 05:12 PM

Same Here!!..there were several things that never crossed my mind,like having a whistle along on short "no problem" walks,that i picked up on the site.with the gear reviews and such it make my AM coffee time on the computer really worth while.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 05:33 PM

I would like to join in with holiday greetings for all. This is a good, convivial group with a lot of useful information. May you all have the best of new years....
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 05:52 PM

Agreed! Merry Christmas to all and to all, a warm, well lit, well stocked and safe night! Actually given then amazing make-up of the is group, let me change that to Happy Holidays to all!
Posted by: Dagny

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 06:37 PM

Ditto all the holiday greetings. Every year I'm more prepared than the last, thanks in large part to this forum.
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 06:56 PM

Happy Holidays from Florida....78F and sunny, with westerly breeze

best wishes and heartfelt thanks to the young men and women at home and abroad that protect our country... may you all come home safely

a special recognition to those in often remote locations around the world, quietly doing your job with dedicated professionalism, monitoring those that would do us harm

I think the quote by George Orwell " people sleep peacably in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" is expecially true in this holiday season
Posted by: comms

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 07:07 PM

Merry Christmas

One of my most important stops of the day!
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/23/11 09:54 PM

My thanks to you all for the education and conversation! Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Posted by: AKSAR

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 01:04 AM

Yes, Happy Holidays to all. grin
Posted by: comms

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 02:28 AM

AND, least we not forget, today is the first day of Festivus.
Posted by: Richlacal

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 05:29 AM

I wish a Happy Yule Tidings & Bright Winter Solstice to All! smile
Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 01:03 PM

Merry Christmas!
Posted by: Lono

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 04:55 PM

I hope for a very peaceful holiday and a very happy new year for everyone. Mind them candles, they burn when knocked over. And water that tree...
Posted by: Hikin_Jim

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 06:49 PM

Hikin Joyce and Hikin Jim would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Joyce is very excited about Christmas. No, really. wink

HJ
Posted by: Arney

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/24/11 10:45 PM

Best wishes for a happy and safe holiday season, everyone! Here's to looking forward to a better, brighter 2012. grin
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 11:46 AM

Happy Christmas to you all! Best wishes for the New Year.

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 04:27 PM

Santa must be an ETSer too. He left some goodies for the outdoors at our house this year! Thermal long johns, fleece pants and tops, merino wool socks, a polar buff, a pocket knife sharpener, heat sheets, chem lights and a couple of paracord bracelets for DS and I! (Cold temp hating DH got a naglene flask, merino wool socks and a thinsulate hat to help encourage him to hike and camp with us a bit more in the winter and an electric blanket to reward him when he does.)

Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Russ

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 04:48 PM

Merry Christmas ETS.

You did good BPJac. We haven't opened gifts yet, but I'm fairly sure Santa left a new Benchmade 710 under the tree. Probably some wool/fleece there too judging by the wrapping.

Cold here this morning. Clear and 29°F when I got up and 33°F now. Should be in the low 70's later. Have a great day everyone.

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Russ
Merry Christmas ETS.

You did good BPJac. We haven't opened gifts yet, but I'm fairly sure Santa left a new Benchmade 710 under the tree. Probably some wool/fleece there too judging by the wrapping.

Cold here this morning. Clear and 29°F when I got up and 33°F now. Should be in the low 70's later. Have a great day everyone.

Very nice, Russ! That Santa is a smart cookie. Enjoy!
Posted by: Bingley

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: comms
AND, least we not forget, today is the first day of Festivus.

Let the Airing of Grievances commence!
Posted by: Blast

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 06:13 PM

Merry Christmas! I must have been very good this year, Santa brought me a Leatherman Squirt and some good books. laugh

Of course, it may have helped that DD1 & DD2 left a plate of s'mores for Santa.

smores by merriwether, on Flickr

-Blast
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 06:28 PM

Santa brought me a Remington 870 Express Tactical. Apparently I was exceptionally good this year.

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 09:13 PM

Blast, there's no snow here yet but it is cold. That pic warms the heart, my friend.
Posted by: KenK

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/11 11:48 PM

I think this might have been one of the first Christmases (sp?) that I did NOT get some kind of Mk? knife from my dear wife. I hinted about an orange-handled mini Mk1, but that didn't end up under the tree.

Still, I do like what I got --- a Kreg Jig Master System - for creating pocket joints in wood. I definitely wanted one of those too.

May the holidays and new year bring you peace, health, and happiness ... and find you equipped when needed.

Ken K.
Posted by: Teslinhiker

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/26/11 02:19 AM

Received a couple of great gifts for Christmas this year.

The first is a Wetterlings 13" Axe. These are top quality pieces of work that rival Gränsfors Axes.

Second gift is a Zebra Stainless 12 cm billy can. I had one of these already until when my SO's niece took a liking to it when we out on a trip this past summer at which time I gave to her to use on future hiking and camping trips. Now that I have another Zebra can, I will not be giving this one up...

Hope that everyone else received some gifts to help them to be ETS this coming year.

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/26/11 02:32 AM

LOVE that pic JIM!'I hope you had a very happy holiday and enjoyed the magic with your little hiker!
Posted by: Eric

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/27/11 04:15 AM

Merry Christmas all!

The family has survived another christmas here. Santa is sending mixed messages since I got some coal (chocolate flavored smile ) in my stocking along with a leatherman sidekick and a light saber (for battles with DS & DD) and a "easy button" for when things get tough.

Still waiting for winter to really show up this year - for the kids, yeah thats it!

- Eric

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/27/11 05:16 AM

Chocolate coal? I guess that's a mixed blessing. wink

We've got cold but no snow either yet. DS and I are going for a hike torrowow instead of snowboarding. But, hey, on the upside, it's a good chance for him to practice fire-making before things get wet. wink
Posted by: MDinana

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/27/11 04:57 PM

I'm larete but Merry Christmas and happy other holidays!
Posted by: Chisel

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/27/11 05:38 PM

Merry Christmas and happy blessed holidays to all.
Happy and safe new year too.

I have learnt alot here on ETS.
Thank you all.
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/29/11 12:32 AM

Got some merino wool socks! While much appreciated, I kinda wish they looked down and saw that I had size 12 feet and not size 8. But while they might fit perfectly, I am a bit too polite to say no.
Posted by: Bingley

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/29/11 07:52 AM

I got honey from the Himalayas. It's delicious.