Local News for Explosive Demolition.

Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Local News for Explosive Demolition. - 07/31/11 08:20 PM

Ok I was about 400 metres from this, except I didn't know this was going to happen when it did nor it seems did anyone else in the room (folks ran around in a slight panic) and it upset the seagulls and their seagull chicks outside on the office roof. Best to keep an eye on local events or you might end up thinking a terrorist bombing has just gone down. blush

At least the demolition has certainly improved the local city sky line. grin

Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: Local News for Explosive Demolition. - 07/31/11 08:55 PM

Be dashed annoyed if that made me spill my cuppa.

grin
Posted by: Susan

Re: Local News for Explosive Demolition. - 08/01/11 02:15 AM

They probably thought if they didn't mention it, no one would notice.

Sue
Posted by: speedemon

Re: Local News for Explosive Demolition. - 08/01/11 02:57 AM

I would think the exclusion zone would have been bigger than that. I was in Indianapolis when they imploded Market Square Arena, and there was no way you could have gotten that close. Plus they did it at 8am on a sunday morning, so it was pretty quiet around town. Watched from a parking garage maybe a mile away, and it was definitely an earth shaking event. That one was so well publicized though, its unlikely there were many/any people that didn't know it was happening.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Local News for Explosive Demolition. - 08/02/11 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor
Ok I was about 400 metres from this, except I didn't know this was going to happen when it did nor it seems did anyone else in the room (folks ran around in a slight panic) and it upset the seagulls and their seagull chicks outside on the office roof. Best to keep an eye on local events or you might end up thinking a terrorist bombing has just gone down. blush

At least the demolition has certainly improved the local city sky line. grin

Hmmm, perhaps either The Doctor failed (unlikely) or he stopped something much, much worse...
-Blast