Small cooking grill

Posted by: leemann

Small cooking grill - 09/17/10 05:32 AM

I have an idea for a small charcoal cooking grill using this Link and some rods what say you?.

Lee
Posted by: sybert777

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/17/10 11:47 AM

They have something bigger, but similiar, and easier to pack. Here
Posted by: bsmith

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/17/10 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: leemann
I have an idea for a small charcoal cooking grill using this Link and some rods what say you?.Lee

kind of like these grills?
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/17/10 02:27 PM

A super light weight grill is available here;

http://www.titaniumgoat.com/TiGrill.html

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/19/10 02:21 AM

My thoughts are a 1 briquet charcoal grill.

Thanks for the links and ideas

Lee
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/19/10 03:52 PM

leemann,

I curse you and the day you learned how to do InterWeb stuff. crazy Now the little hamsters in my brain are going to work on the 1-briquet idea. I know the Altoids tin is the obvious first choice, but I will have to come up with something different just to be contrary.

Have a good day
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/19/10 07:35 PM

It's bascially a copy of the Esbit stove, from the looks of it.

One briquette, ok, probably. But a bunch of them will probably burn through the aluminum. You might want to try using the Sterno fordable stove/stand, and flipping it over with a bit of sheet steel (or better, expanded mesh) added- people have done similar for wood stoves, but charcoal can make a hotter fire than just wood can. (Or at least do it easier). Or the Isreali pocket cooker.

For something like the Esbit, there options with ethanol fired stoves, or a buddy burner.

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/19/10 07:42 PM

Thanks MoBoB for the kind words LOL. They have used the Altoids can round and a fan guard to make one. Indistructables i think also I'm thinking on using a small green giant canned corn for one.

Lee
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/19/10 07:54 PM

Its actually a British Army 1 man Hexi cooker copy (slightly more flimsy though). The stove is reusable and is made from steel.

You can also get a crusader metal cup holder which fits over the top of the stove. I suppose you could drill a series of holes along the top side of a cup holder and then thread half a dozen titanium tent pags through to make the grill.

http://www.shoponthefarside.co.uk/node/38

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/19/10 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

You can also get a crusader metal cup holder which fits over the top of the stove. I suppose you could drill a series of holes along the top side of a cup holder and then thread half a dozen titanium tent pags through to make the grill.
I have a USGI one that would work too.

Thanks for the comments

Lee
Posted by: comms

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/20/10 02:27 AM

I lucked out and have collected about 3 dozen sterno cans for free over the past few months. I went to a A/N and got a sterno stove top for about $10. Much too heavy for carry but for car, bug in or party needs, it will do just fine.

I like exibit stoves though haven't used one in years. I prefer my White Box stove with a few ounces of denatured alcohol.

Re: Small cooking grill - 09/23/10 07:52 AM

Heres the link to the altoids stove Stove