Bug Out Bike

Posted by: RayW

Bug Out Bike - 09/08/10 11:25 PM

For those of you with bikes or thinking about one. Here is how to pack your bike and live out of it an extended period of time.

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/?p=13790
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Bug Out Bike - 09/09/10 12:23 AM

When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be about real bikes, you know, the ones you pedal.

When an internal combustion engine is doing the work, you can just load up whatever you want and go. It was nice to see that he uses some of the same gear that a sweating bicyclist would choose. I guess you don't have unlimited space on a motorcycle...
Posted by: sotto

Re: Bug Out Bike - 09/09/10 12:27 AM

I wanna be there when that goes through the customs checkpoint at the Mexican or Canadian border. ;-)
Posted by: ireckon

Re: Bug Out Bike - 09/09/10 02:26 AM

At some point in the packing process, does a car become funner, easier, more secure and more weather resistant?

Just asking, I honestly don't know.
Posted by: Eugene

Re: Bug Out Bike - 09/09/10 12:02 PM

Everyone seems to assume bike = motorbike, the bicycle rack at my work you can;t even get a bike on because its surounded by motorcycles.

I wonder why he puts his trimmer/clipper in bag #1 instead of in bag #2 with the rest of the toiletries
Why three external drives, put one big one in the laptop and one big one for a backup external.
put the air compressor in the truck with the tools, no need to carry it with clothes and such.
Posted by: comms

Re: Bug Out Bike - 09/09/10 01:43 PM

one of my favorite docu dvd's of all time is Ewan McGregor (the actor) videotaping his motorcycle ride from the Northern tip of Scotland to NYC, via Europe, asia, alaska etc. Its called LONG WAY ROUND. He and a pal +camera man all rode motorcycles. There was SUV crew that they met occasionally but the relied on themselves. It was a fun, ride of a life time event.