DISASTRONAUT

Posted by: Chisel

DISASTRONAUT - 06/18/10 05:52 PM

OK, so I seem to have nothing better to do !!! And I head over here to waste everyone's time.

I was on another site when I misread a disaster-related word. Never mind what it was, but I read it as DISASTRONAUT. The word could indicate a person who navigates himself through disasters !!!

I kind of liked the word ! Sounds less "negative" thou more geeky , than "SURVIVALIST" or "prepper". At least instead of people fearing you , they may be laughing at you LOL . Less trouble , won't you say ??

So, if the word prepper hasn't been invented yet, what would you have thought of DISASTRONAUT ??

Posted by: Dagny

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/18/10 06:11 PM

You should copyright Disastronaut and start an online magazine.

I construed the term to mean people who navigate INTO disaster.

You could chronicle the legions of unfortunates and fools.

And then we could comment on their need for better luck, better sense and a better PSK.

;-)
Posted by: Susan

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/19/10 04:08 AM

A DISASTRONAUT sounds like someone to stay away from. Far, far away.

And if your disastronaut has a nickname like BLAST, run for your life... grin

Sue

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/19/10 04:10 AM

LOL

( people who navigate INTO disaster.)

There is no shortage of those .
I see them daily at work and everywhere.

hahahaha

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/19/10 04:12 AM

( And if your disastronaut has a nickname like BLAST, run for your life... )

I was thinking to appoint Blast as chief editor for the magzine that Dagny has suggested. With his cat on his lap and preparing soap and towel for the cat's bath.

Call 911 !
Posted by: wildman800

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/19/10 03:35 PM

I like the word, I think it describes me in a variety of ways. I think you need to mail it in an envelope to yourself, thus having definitive proof that you "invented" the word!!!
Posted by: dweste

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/19/10 04:06 PM

A word in the family I use to describe small fish that, on an enthusiastic hook set, are ripped fromn the water on on side of the boat, sail through the air, and land on the other side of the boat - basstronauts!
Posted by: ironraven

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/20/10 11:14 PM

I like it, but as most people don't know where the -onaut comes from, they might think you are a space case.

Posted by: widget

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/22/10 08:19 PM

I agree with Dagny, sounds like a guy I used to work with, a space cadet that was always venturing into trouble or disaster.

Of course, we had to bail him out regularly. I don't miss him, or the job:)
Posted by: JBMat

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/22/10 09:50 PM

Sounds to me like disastronauts are in LEO - low earth orbit - or just out there flapping.

Knew some of these guys. Some are still alive, some not. The nots were mainly removed due to their own misadventures.

Often their last words were; "Hey, watch this" or "I saw this on a cartoon"
Posted by: Compugeek

Re: DISASTRONAUT - 06/23/10 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: JBMat
Sounds to me like disastronauts are in LEO - low earth orbit - or just out there flapping.

Knew some of these guys. Some are still alive, some not. The nots were mainly removed due to their own misadventures.

Often their last words were; "Hey, watch this" or "I saw this on a cartoon"

Or "Hold my beer. I'm gonna try sumpen'."