I Have Survived.....

Posted by: wildman800

I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 06:06 AM

My DD2 was just married in a beautiful ceremony with a great Reception afterwards. DD2, my DW, and my Son-in-Law's Mother spent 2 years planning the wedding and reception.

We only experienced 2 glitches of transportation that was worked out to a very good ending.

I think my DW, DD2, and my Son-in-Law's Mother should all be decorated for their planning, negotiations, and execution of a highly complex logistical nightmare.

I salute these fine LOGISTICIANS !!!
Posted by: nursemike

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 11:59 AM

Surviving grizzly bear attacks is child's play in comparison to surviving a wedding as father of the bride.
Congratulations!
Well done!
Anything that doesn't kill you outright makes you stronger!
Posted by: Jesselp

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 01:14 PM

Congratulations Wildman800! I've only been involved in planning my own wedding, but that was plenty for me.

Thankfully I have two boys, and they are many years away from marriage. . .
Posted by: MostlyHarmless

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 04:32 PM

Congratulations! Seems like only yesterday that we exposed our parents to the same adventure... like, wow, 7 years ago...

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 05:09 PM

It strikes me odd that the reception was held in what was originally intended as a 5 bedroom, two story home of 5600 sq feet but was designed to also be an inconspicuous fort with firing positions, cleared fields of fire, and a 1200+ sq ft bomb shelter under it all.

The walls have a brick facade covering a double row of cinder blocks filled with rebar and sand/gravel. The bomb shelter had 2, possibly 3 entrances.

It provides an interesting walk around.
Posted by: Blast

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 05:52 PM

Congratulations! I can only imagine the type of man you would let marry your daughter. He must be pretty good!

-Blast
Posted by: Chisel

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 06:12 PM

Congratulations and best wishes for the new couple.

Now, confession time:
What was your EDC during that time ??

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/08/10 08:10 PM

He's a business major, just graduated, & starts on his MBA this fall. He's also an Eagle Scout and has his head on straight. After meeting him, he's the only one that I didn't force a reading of "The Ten Simple Rules For Dating My Daughter". He's the only one that I didn't see fear in his eyes when I met him. I knew right away that he had Honor & Integrity!

One young buckaroo is still scared to death of me as he should be. That's what I've been told by DD2!!! She still wants to know what I told him.
Posted by: Erik_B

Re: I Have Survived..... - 06/09/10 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
5 bedroom, two story home of 5600 sq feet but was designed to also be an inconspicuous fort with firing positions, cleared fields of fire, and a 1200+ sq ft bomb shelter under it all.

The walls have a brick facade covering a double row of cinder blocks filled with rebar and sand/gravel. The bomb shelter had 2, possibly 3 entrances.

It provides an interesting walk around.

i is just what i've always dreamed of doing for my own home, right down tot he brick facade(though i wanted reinforced solid concrete underneath instead of cinder blocks).
Posted by: PhoenixRising

Re: I Have Survived..... - 07/23/10 11:49 PM

Hummmmm - Can I get one of those with my VA home loan?
Posted by: librarian

Re: I Have Survived..... - 07/24/10 01:34 PM

Congrats, Wildman800, Glad all went ok. Blessings to the new couple.
Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: I Have Survived..... - 07/24/10 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
He's a business major, just graduated, & starts on his MBA this fall. He's also an Eagle Scout and has his head on straight. After meeting him, he's the only one that I didn't force a reading of "The Ten Simple Rules For Dating My Daughter". He's the only one that I didn't see fear in his eyes when I met him. I knew right away that he had Honor & Integrity!

One young buckaroo is still scared to death of me as he should be. That's what I've been told by DD2!!! She still wants to know what I told him.

Was it:

I've killed better men than you.

Or:

I've conducted several burials at sea. One more is nothing to me...?

Posted by: 7point82

Re: I Have Survived..... - 07/24/10 06:24 PM

Maybe it wasn't something he said. Maybe it was the backhoe and the bags of lye out by the barn. wink